Is My LG G3 Battery Dying Because Of Google Play Services?
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi

I noticed my G3's battery has been drained by the google play services so fast. Has anybody have similar problem? It seems like a common issue when I googled it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google play services drains my G3 battery fast
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I am 99% certain for "MY" battery drain, the culprit is the Verizon "Cloud". After disabling it, my G3 has been cool and NOT hot. The battery is back to normal which has been running for one and a half day. Can VZ please check your software, God knows how many of your customers are impacted by this...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think this drain has something to do with which 'wifi' I am connecting to. If connecting to home/comcast wifi then the drain happens. This made me to recall a bug that Verizon fixed last yr which cause google hangout NOT able to send/receive msg while connecting to home/comcast wifi. VZ released a patch and fixed that problem. Somehow this home/comcast wifi could be the culprit again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blahblah_gcgc,

A draining battery is definitely alarming. I rely on my phone to stay charged most of the day. Let’s work together to figure this out. You mentioned that you see the battery draining when you’re connected to wifi. When did this problem start? What happens when you are connected to our 4G network?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, here is more finding.

1. This problem does not seem to appear if connecting to 4G LTE.

2. I disabled the VZ "cloud" service and connected to my home/xfinity wifi and did not see this problem last night. I looked through all the recent apps update, VZ cloud seems suspicious so I disabled it. So far so good, I will keep you posted. If I don't see any more "google play services" drain anymore, I think we can say that the VZ "clould" is the culprit.

blahblah_gcgc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, I am 99% certain for "MY" battery drain, the culprit is the Verizon "Cloud". After disabling it, my G3 has been cool and NOT hot. The battery is back to normal which has been running for one and a half day. Can VZ please check your software, God knows how many of your customers are impacted by this...

0 Likes