I cant recieve or send MMS
hallfam97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have internet and wifi, my phone says its up to date Android version is 7.0, I can recieve text messages from a single person.  I can not recieve or send picture messages of ANY size, nor can I recieve or send group text messages.  I have reset the APN settings to default, I have powered on/off.... HELP!  I have tried to send myself a picture and I get "service is not activated on the network".  That is the same message someone recieves when they send me a picture. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I cant recieve or send MMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hallfam97, I'm sorry to hear your LGG5 isn't working for MMS messaging. It would be hard to use my phone with out MMS options. Let's get started to fix yours. Please tell me, Have you recently migrated from an Apple device? 

Can you make a phone call and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi off? 

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hallfam97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not recently migrated from an Apple Device.  I can make calls and access the internet when my wifi is off.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hallfam97, we appreciate those additional details. It sounds like your Picture/Video message option may not be provisioned on your line. This is also the feature that allows group messages to work. To assist you further with this matter, I have sent you a private message. 

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jamiedal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same issue. But I did recently switch from Apple. I can make calls and I can access internet through wifi. How can I solve this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want all of your messages to work for you, jamiedal. We are here to help. 

When you have Wi-Fi turned Off, what signal strength and type is your phone getting from us? What model phone do you have? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
jamiedal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Google Pixel 3a. When my Wi-Fi is off, I am getting strong signal and LTE data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep moving towards a solution. What messaging application do you use? Are you noticing this with multiple contacts? Is your device updated with the latest software?

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes