How to get LG G4 with bootloop issues replaced if warranty is expired.
JULES751

I am one of the sorry souls who does't watch the news or pay attention to the media, so I was unaware that the LG G4's had issues. So I unfortunately lost EVERYTHING on my phone, since I did not back up my photos, videos, etc....I also had to cover the balance of $151 that I still owed on the phone and to top it off I now no longer have a phone. I contacted Verizon and they told me that I had only purchased a 1 year warranty and that I needed to contact the manufacturer regarding the issue. The funny part is they were aware of the issue and had not notified me of the issue. I also purchased the phone through them, so they knew I owned it. It would have been nice if they had given their customers a heads up.... I then contacted LG and they told me to send it back and they would determine what the issue was and replace it if necessary. I sent it back to them and after they examined it I was told "the warranty had expired" and if I wanted it repaired it would be $72 or refurbished $179. I already had to pay off the phone with Verizon and now this.... So basically my question is does anyone know how to get LG or Verizon to replace the phone after the warranty has expired?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to get LG G4 with bootloop issues replaced if warranty is expired.
PAMFOR63

Like you, I have the same issue and have been for about 4 months now.  I have been to Verizon 3x now and was just told today that they had factory issues with this phone.  And like you I still owe $161 to pay out the contract and Verizon doesn't care and has said there is nothing they will do!  I know one thing.......I will not get into another contract with them!  I was basically told the same think from LG a few months ago so basically.....we're screwed!

0 Likes
Re: How to get LG G4 with bootloop issues replaced if warranty is expired.
lodgema

I was able to get mine replaced by signing up for the extended warranty during a promo open enrollment period the other day. It was a $3.00 charge -- which is annoying but better than having to  buy a new phone -- you can cancel the extended plan at anytime so I am considering it a shipping fee for the next day delivery of the replacement phone.

You may want to look into that, if you havent already resolved this issue.

0 Likes