How do I stop visual voice mail pop-ups?
jroal
Contributor - Level 2

I have a Droid Maxx.  It has this annoying message trying to force me to use visual voicemail which I have no intention of ever using.  How do I get rid of it?  If I disable notifications from the visual voicemail app in Android app settings,  it kills all notifications of messages.  If I don't, it tries to sign me up for visual voicemail every time.  I can't uninstall the app either.  I just want a notification showing that I have a voicemail and when I click on it, it should call my voicemail service.  Instead it just opens the visual voicemail app.  Very annoying.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I stop the visual voicemail pop-up?
JustWantAnswers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is what I did to stop the visual voicemail notification on my LG G4.

1)  Login to your Verizon account

2)  In the blue area at the top, hover over My Plan and Services, then click on Block Services

3)  Scroll down and click on the plus sign beside Purchases

4)  Put a check mark by Block Visual Voicemail, click the red Continue button and follow the prompts.

5)  Then on your mobile phone, tap the Voicemail icon and the screen will say, “Connecting to voicemail” and from here you can dial into the voicemail program

You will no longer get the notification of how many voice mails you have when using the Voicemail app (you will only know how many by opening the program), but you will still be notified when you get a voicemail in the notification area at the top of your screen. Personally, I'm ok with this.

View solution in original post

CHAPPiE18
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I have done that worked for me was that I went to my setting>applications>application manager>all, and forced closed the app. Then I went to my dial pad and held 1 for a few second. Then it brings you to your voicemail box where you can setup you voicemail and other things. Hope this helped.

0 Likes
JustWantAnswers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is what I did to stop the visual voicemail notification on my LG G4.

1)  Login to your Verizon account

2)  In the blue area at the top, hover over My Plan and Services, then click on Block Services

3)  Scroll down and click on the plus sign beside Purchases

4)  Put a check mark by Block Visual Voicemail, click the red Continue button and follow the prompts.

5)  Then on your mobile phone, tap the Voicemail icon and the screen will say, “Connecting to voicemail” and from here you can dial into the voicemail program

You will no longer get the notification of how many voice mails you have when using the Voicemail app (you will only know how many by opening the program), but you will still be notified when you get a voicemail in the notification area at the top of your screen. Personally, I'm ok with this.

Cliffh44
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the correct answer, just did it myself to get rid of the annoying prompts.

0 Likes
RHENRY0726

What blue area? Dont have a blue area to hover over.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes