How do I perform a Factory reset?
GaryA73
Contributor - Level 1

My phone is acting a little wonky.  It has issues with Google Play - updates will just sit there and not install, or will take forever to install.  I also have some issues with the phone running really slow at times, non-responsive screen, etc.  I have tried all the fixes I can find (clear cache, clear data, update play store, update google play services, delete Google account and re-associate it, etc), but nothing really fixes the problems.  Pretty much all the sites recommend that you do a factory reset.

What should I do to prepare for the reset? I moved all my photos to the SD card, as well as backed them up to DropBox with trubackup.  I also backed up my contacts and SMS to DropBox with trubackup.  After I reset the phone, all my user installed apps should just automatically download from Google Play, correct?

I've never done a factory reset before, except to clear out a phone that I wasn't going to use before upgrading to a new phone.  I went from an LG Revolution 2 to the LG G3, and from what I remember, it was pretty painless.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Factory reset?
Snn5
Legend

If you have backed everything up then you are prepared.  You might take this opportunity to pick and choose apps you really need and want to cut any clutter as well.  When you go into Backup and Restore in the main settings menu you can choose to NOT automatically restore your apps and that will let you manually install them one by one from the list of your apps in the Play Store via phone or via the Play Store website.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GaryA73
Contributor - Level 1

Forgot to mention.  I don't have any music or videos on the phone.  I do have some downloads, like pdf files and such.  But I think they are all on the sd card already.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have backed everything up then you are prepared.  You might take this opportunity to pick and choose apps you really need and want to cut any clutter as well.  When you go into Backup and Restore in the main settings menu you can choose to NOT automatically restore your apps and that will let you manually install them one by one from the list of your apps in the Play Store via phone or via the Play Store website.

0 Likes