How do I move app to SD Card on V6?
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

After my phone upgraded to V6, my phone now has notification saying internal storage is full. I checked in Application Manager and found all App's are using internal storage. There is no option choice (like when it was on V5 has) for me to move any of the app's to SD Card storage. I tapped on Storage and USB under Settings, it shows "SanDisk SD Card 688 KB used of 27.46 GB".

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I move app to SD Card on V6?
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Katrina or VZW Support,

Thank you for the response. Since all my pictures and video had backed up to an external drive. I actually had gone ahead did a factory reset. Yes, I will need to re-install most of the 3rd party apps, but I couldn't wait. Anyway, it cleared the "Not enough storage space" error issue. However, the main issue (or my main question) still exist. That is I couldn't find the option for moving specific app to SD Card. I did Settings -> General tab -> Application Manager. I went through majority of the 3rd party apps, none has the option for Move to SD Card. The option normally shown (whether is enable or not) on each app when it was on Lollipop.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Randy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wanted to add "my phone" is LG G3. I have uninstalled most of the apps that I can reinstall, but it still stuck with "Not enough storage space". I checked the storage, it still shows the same stats without any change. How could it be? It should have more free space now. Worst now is the phone now doesn't even make or receive call or text message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VzWuserRC,

Thanks for the make/model. It's important to have memory free, so you can the most out of your device. Let's get you the space you need. Let's start with moving pictures and music by clicking here: http://vz.to/24YwLPB

Please let me know if this fixed the error message.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Katrina or VZW Support,

Thank you for the response. Since all my pictures and video had backed up to an external drive. I actually had gone ahead did a factory reset. Yes, I will need to re-install most of the 3rd party apps, but I couldn't wait. Anyway, it cleared the "Not enough storage space" error issue. However, the main issue (or my main question) still exist. That is I couldn't find the option for moving specific app to SD Card. I did Settings -> General tab -> Application Manager. I went through majority of the 3rd party apps, none has the option for Move to SD Card. The option normally shown (whether is enable or not) on each app when it was on Lollipop.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Randy

0 Likes
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello! Anyone know? On LG G3, How to move specific app's to SD Card. I did Settings -> General tab -> Application Manager. I went through all of the apps, none has the "Move to SD Card" option. This option was available on on Lollipop.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are not supposed to be able to move applications to the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VzWuserRC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. So, Marshmallow has gone backward??? I got my LG G3 with Android Version 4 (Katkat), then upgraded to Version 5 (Lollipop). All were able to move app from Internal storage to SD Card storage under Application Management.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ability was removed prior to KitKat by Google. Some manufacturers added the option back.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes