HOW DOES LGG4 CHOOSE WIFI CONNECTIONS?
roballjr

I have several wifi networks available at one location.  I have manually signed on to each of them at least once with my LGG4.

When I arrive at that location, how will my LGG4 pick the one with which it connects?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HOW DOES LGG4 CHOOSE WIFI CONNECTIONS?
stef7
Master - Level 2

Probably the first one it scans for and sees.

Download an application called WiFi Analyzer from the playstore. See which of the several WiFi access points has the strongest signal (the highest peak). I'd forget all the rest and just sign into that one.

0 Likes
roballjr

Depending on where in the house I am, different networks are stronger. One may be very strong in one room and unusable in another.

The phone automatically signs in to networks I've signed into in the past.  I'm asking what happens if there's two such networks available at the same time and place.  How does the phone decide which one to connect with?

Normally this issue does not arise because there's usually only one network I've previously signed into available at any one time and place.

0 Likes
Bigj916

How can I connect my xbox360 to my phone thrust hotspot

0 Likes
roballjr

No I'm talking about my own networks but saying networks is probably a mischaracterization.

• I have a quantum router and an extender that both broadcast on 2.4 and 5 bands.
  • So what I have is four wifi points of access to our Fios connection.

I have manually signed into each of those points of access on each of our devices, so the passwords are all saved on the devices.

What I would like is for the devices to automatically seek out the strongest connection in each place as I move around the house,, switching between points of access as necessary.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

How big is your house? Perhaps you need to re-position it for more optimal coverage of the house. I don't think the version of Android installed on our devices seeks out the "strongest" signal. But you might try something from the PlayStore like Best WiFi

Best WIFI - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes