G5 Nougat update - LED not working for texting
RicTibbetts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since getting the Nougat update, the LED has stopped working for texts.
It flashes when the text first comes in, then nothing. I have to check my phone continually.

I can't be the only one this is happening to.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G5 Nougat update - LED not working for texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being notified with a LED light is convenient, RicTibbetts . I was able to look up the issue and the manufacturers are aware of the situation and are working towards a resolution with the light notifications on Messages +. In the mean time you can use the LG text messaging app. I am sure it will be fixed in the next security update.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@RickTibbetts

I, too, rely on my device’s LED light notifications to advise me when I have a new call or message. I would love to help. Let’s see what’s going on with your device.

When did this problem with your LED light and the Message+ application new message indicator issue begin? What is your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/2hXHe9W?

@AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RicTibbetts
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.
The problem started about two weeks ago when the system updated to Android 7

Software Version: VS98726B

Android Version:   7.0

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being notified with a LED light is convenient, RicTibbetts . I was able to look up the issue and the manufacturers are aware of the situation and are working towards a resolution with the light notifications on Messages +. In the mean time you can use the LG text messaging app. I am sure it will be fixed in the next security update.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes