G3 gets hot
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have had this phone a lil over 2 weeks. The past couple days when I talk on it,  it gets real hot on my ear. Before I go back to the store,  is anyone else noticing this?

Labels (2)
Re: G3 gets hot
B33
Legend

Do you have a Week signal at your Current location and does the phone get warm in other area's that you travel in your City.?  you might check and see if you have any 3rd Party apps running while your Talking it might be possible you have a App running.. Tap the the Double Square function button.. Next to the home button tapping it should reveal apps that are possibly running with a Swipe left or Right will stop the app..

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Havent noticed it getting hot in other parts of the city.  Signal not weak. Apps not running,  I keep those closed.  I have it charging now. When the screen goes black,  it cools down..when I knock to turn on, then it starts getting warm again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yofish4fun,

Hearing about how hot your G3 gets is very alarming and we are concerned. Please take the phone to your nearest Direct Store http://bit.ly/3SdsA location for a hands on evaluation.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

B33
Legend

SarahO_VZW  I agree with this as well..  but wanted to eliminate some possible causes first. b33

B33
Legend

Were you able to get a Replacement.?

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

They did not replace the phone. They tried to get it to get warm but of course the phone would not. So funny, as I arrived to the store, I was talking to my sister, the phone was extremely hot after being on the phone for approx 3 mins. I should of stayed on the phone until I got a rep but it was just too hot to hold.  It also will get warm if I text or do other things with the phone; at the store, it barely got warm. Could not believe it. I told the store I keep all the apps closed and battery saver on; not sure what they did but it has not gotten warm again. They said they were going to document my account so if I come in again advising its still getting hot, they will take further actions. Will keep you posted.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K..  Our phone issue's are sometimes Vehicles Like you have an issue you take it to your Dealer and unless there's Code that comes up all they'll do is just send ya back on the Road been there before or my Dad has and this was with a brand Chevy Truck that turned out to be a Lemon.. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sort of like going to the doctors.

You feel terrible and drive over to see the doctor, then you are looked at and bam you cannot bring up the symptoms.

But you get that co-pay and the doctor bill and then you feel ill

Good Luck