G3 Sim Card Not Found
NFG_118822
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone upgraded itself (I didn't agree to any prompts) to VS9854BA and a day later starting having SIM card related issues including "No SIM card installed", "SIM card not readable", "SIM card not Verizon". Went to Verizon store 5 days ago and they replaced the SIM card and still received the message. They shook their head and said must be a hardware issue. After seeing multiple forums all reporting the same issue I have a hard time believing its not software related. Today I tried factory resetting the phone, and still cannot read the SIM card. I would like Verizon Wireless Customer Support to contact me about this, this is unacceptable. You can see in My Receipts where the SIM card was replaced at the VZW store. I have been a customer since March 2009 and have 4 lines on my account. This has been a perfectly working phone until this update. If this issue is not addressed and remedied with a working phone I will be looking at another carrier. I have had to start my own post since I was not getting feedback on this post, G3 SIM card issue

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: G3 Sim Card Not Found
spencejp

This is a criminal act on behalf of Verizon.  I've contacted the FCC and provided them with literally thousands of links from Forums where other LG G3 users are ALL having the same issue.   This is just plain wrong Verizon and you must make it right or be prosecuted.

0 Likes
gccgrad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you had any success in finding a solution to this?  My wife's G3 got the same error in the March/April timeline and I didn't have time to chase it down so I moved her to an old phone until recently when I could back up her data and do the required Factory Reset.  It has been getting on the network intermittently but is now mostly failing again with the error. 

If anyone has any solutions to this I would appreciate your insights.  If people have just left Verizon as a result I certainly understand (I am extremely upset at this the more I read about how widespread the issue is).

0 Likes
Bluegrass361
Enthusiast - Level 1

Question #1 for Verizon Customer Service -- I'm curious as to why discussion on G3 SIM card issue was locked?  Why not permit customers to continue to have the conversation and try to assist one another in remedying the problem?

Question #2 for Verizon Customer Service  -- The last post on G3 SIM card issue was a suggested solution.  What is your response to this proposed fix?  Do you recommend doing this or not and, if not, why not?

Lastly, several individuals in the G3 SIM card issue thread indicated that the problem occurred about a month after their purchase/lease contract was completed.  That is also the case with me...which seems too coincidental for this be the case with so many G3 customers.  I've tried rebooting my phone, replacing the SIM card, and sought assistance at the Verizon store.  The Verizon store representative said that this is a common problem with the G3 ...and then quickly tried to get me to buy a new phone.  I don't want a new phone.  I want my G3 to work properly.

If I have to get a new phone to correct the situation, I am also going to get a new carrier.  3 of the 4 phones on my plan are paid off.  The 4th is owned by an independent adult who can make up her own mind what she wants to do should I move the rest of us to another carrier.

0 Likes