FIX NEEDED AGAIN WiFi/Bluetooth LE Connectivity Issue Back-LG G3
BDaniels4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a couple of weeks ago, I received an update on my phone that significant issues with the phone's performance. Bluetooth LE devices could not be connected with the office if a Bluetooth full power device was, when before all devices could (i.e., Bluetooth headphones, Fitbit Flex (LE),  and Mio Lynk heart rate monitor (LE)). I also could not have Bluetooth on AND be connected tho my home WiFi network, or another network, as the same time. Verizon's solution was a hard reset of the phone. That fixed issue...momentarily. Tonight the same issue stated occurring again WITHOUT the update. This device should be able too perform these functions at the same time as it had before for MONTHS. A hard factory reset is NOT the solution and clearly something needs to be fixed. Can someone please provide an ACTUAL fix to this issue versus a band aid? I am training for a quarter marathon in less than two weeks and need the data. We are paying for a device and service that are not working to their true potential and I'm not asking the device to do anything It's not capable of. Certainly not when it has shown it CAN DO IT. This is getting quite frustrating with Verizon.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIX NEEDED AGAIN WiFi/Bluetooth LE Connectivity Issue Back-LG G3
VanillaAndroidAllDay
Enthusiast - Level 1
I honestly did not read any of the replies , so forgive me if been said, but I saw the question and recently worked on this myself for a friend so wanted to share my input. Basically its a bug in firmware/drivers. I have a work around that has helped most for this issue. It's pretty Simple, now..although bluetooth's protocol is completely different then 802.11 (wifi), due to firmware/driver issues , it's interfering with routers that broadcast on 2.4ghz Frequency. Most new routers also broadcast on 5ghz. Go to Settings, WIFI , then on top right hit the menu and go to advanced. First, this is optional but I recommend disabling the battery saving mode. THEN, the actual workaround is, under  FREQUENCY BAND, it defaults to AUTO, you need to change it to 5ghz ONLY. Then should be golden. This is a strange issue and I think mainly with att routers in the us, HOPE THIS HELPS!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BDaniels4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I asked for help over a week ago and Verizon, you have NOT responded AT ALL with any suggestions/solutions/feedback, etc. Why am I paying for service and a device that I can't use the way it is intended and you refuse to support?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for th edelay Bdaniels4.  We truly want to assist with your issue. Are you able to get connected to any other devices? Have you tried a different Bluetooth to see if you still get the same issues? I appreciate you doing a factory reset when you did this did you reinstall all your applications? I want to make sure your phone is ready for the marathon that you will be attending too. Keep me posted.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BDaniels4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, ANY low energy Bluetooth device will not connect. Nor can I have Bluetooth and WiFi on at the same time or else the device will not connect to a WiFi network. And YES when I did the factory reset VERIZON told me to do, I reinstalled all of my applications, that is simple enough for anyone to figure out.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all of the information you have provided, BDaniels4. I would like for you to test your device using Safe Mode and let us know if you experience any connectivity issues. You can refer to this link for steps: http://vz.to/1ls3Ekd

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

tboo72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im having the same issues as well with Bluetooth and Wifi on my G3. A factory reset helped for a while but its back to not working again.

BDaniels4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes and their suggestion of putting the phone in Safe Mode does help the

devices to connect, briefly. I deleted any recent apps I had installed and

I'm still getting the issue so it's not apps that are causing the problem.

Verizon seems very reluctant to actually offer a working resolution. If I

hadn't just renewed my contract, I'd seriously consider switching because

the lack of a working solution and poor excuse for customer service. We

need a fix, not a try this, well no try this, no maybe this will work. You

are supposed to be able to help us troubleshoot, not blame apps for

defective devices and your botched software upgrades.

Bridget

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to make your phone better, not worse, BDaniels4. Let's keep digging into this issue. When you said they connected briefly in Safe Mode, how long did they stay connected? Do these devices connect without issue to other phones? What make and model bluetooth devices are having trouble?

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
BDaniels4
Enthusiast - Level 3

When connected in safe mode, if I restart my phone, ONLY my Mio Link will

stay connected until I turn it off at the end of a workout, then it's back

to the same issue. The Fitbit Flex does not automatically connect at all,

it has to be forced to update by turning the Bluetooth off then back on and

manually prompting it to connect, as I've already explained several times

now. Yes, they connect quickly and easily with other models, its only since

your update that they do not connect. Your updates have not fixed my phone,

they have broken it. Again, if you read back through the case notes, BEFORE

the update and for a short while AFTER the factory reset, these devices

connected seamlessly with no frustrations. Now they take a lot of time and

effort to force to work. Also, AGAIN, the Bluetooth and WiFi cannot be on

at the same time as my phone will not see my home network then and refuses

to connect. This did not happen BEFORE the update. Thus far, your

"solutions" have only delivered subpar results, none of them lasting and

the underlying issue remains. Again, the models of the devices are stated

above, it's a Mio Link heart rate monitor and a Fitbit Flex activity

tracker, both are very popular models. And AGAIN the issue is not limited

solely to these devices, it also extends to the WiFi and Bluetooth issue at

home, if Bluetooth is on, my phone REFUSES to find my home network or

connect. I've read your boards, this seems to be a common issue after this

last upgrade and yet, your solutions have only been to factory reset (which

fixed it for about two weeks) and to uninstall every app that I have. The

apps existed well before the upgrade and have not changed, and I have even

removed some of the most recent ones. Continuously putting my phone in safe

mode and rebooting constantly to get my heart rate monitor (Mio Link) to

connect is time consuming and a painfully slow process. There has to be a

better way. Find it.

Bridget

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 8:35 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BDaniels4,

I definitely appreciate all of those details. We want to make sure everything gets back to working the way it should. Updates do often change teh way some things run on the phone and this can sometimes cause apps that weren't a problem before to cause issues. They often need an update to work correctly with the new software. This is the same way a program on a computer meant to work with one version of Windows may not work well with another version of Windows. That it works at least temporarily in safe mode and worked for some time after a reset suggests that an app on the phone is very likely the issue. Do you have updates available for any of your apps? If so I would recommend starting off by updating them to see if that helps. If not or if that doesn't help the best option would be to try the reset again. This time though we would recommend not restoring your apps initially. Run with just the default programs and then add apps back a few at a time every couple of days. If you start having issues that way you'll know one of the most recent apps caused it. Adding all of the apps back at once makes it very difficult to pinpoint which one is causing the issue. I'm confident with following these steps the phone will continue running like it should.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes