Error messages
WaltB
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone (LG G6) keeps getting message to update (System Update 14, Android 9 Pie). I tried all methods shown in assistant but keep getting error message Ox112700E upon any reboot. Loading update exceeds 2hrs to load before phone goes through reboot but then stops and reports update failed with the error message indicated. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Error messages
RyanP15715
Enthusiast - Level 3

Security Update 10 Issues [0x112700E]: Hmm Do you have any warrenty on it if you dont i would say something or try to get it fixed. i would complain to the OS maker or Manufactor. Maybe it might be storage or just the Phone I would Call and find out what the problem is.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WaltB, 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble updating your LG G6! We want to help make sure that your device stays up to date. Please share the software version that you are currently on. You can find this by going to Settings>System>About Phone>Software Updates. Let's make sure we're on the same page. You mentioned that you have completed the steps in the assistant, and are still having trouble. We appreciate your efforts! Have you taken the step of completing a factory reset on your device which erases all your data, or have you not yet fully reset your phone?   http://spr.ly/66051Ei7W 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, RyanP5715! We know that having a working device is vital, and we want to help you in the best way possible. Can you please elaborate further? When did this issue start? Are you updating directly with the network or via Wi-Fi? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
WaltB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I asking about update 14

0 Likes
WaltB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried all I am technically able to do on my end. It just keeps telling me to update, when I follow given instructions is always comes back update failed. I am going to visit Verizon store. Very unhappy with Verizon support at this point.

0 Likes
WaltB
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started when Verizon attempted to make a software update. I followed instructions to the best technical ability I have both, wifi and without wifi. 100% battery and plugged into charger. Two hrs to download update, several reboots and still error messages. I am going to Verizon store next, then elsewhere and purchase different type phone.

0 Likes
WaltB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Michelle, I take it you are with Verizon. Well, I believe you(Verizon) are leaving us seniors out in the cold! My son in law visited us & he was able to  resolve my issue with the upgrade problem I was having. He is much more "technology literate" then I am. My computer (XP based) would not load Upgrade Assistant correctly, so he was able to use his laptop (Windows 10) and it loaded and upgraded my cell. I know lots of seniors that have outdated computers but still have smartphones. If the updates to smartphones are going to require "state of the art" computer systems to accomplish the phone updates, then information to that affect needs to be included in update information. I have no need to update my computer system, that is why I am partially relying on the "smartphone" to fill the void until I have no need for either. I believe there are lots of "technology challeged" users of smartphones & I think Verizon needs to address/consider that in their updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying to update your device. Again we are sorry to read the trouble that you are having with the update. Please use this link to try to update your device using our software tool: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-105461/

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes