Error Code 9004 after Lollipop Upgrade 4/15
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday, my LG G3 upgraded to Lollipop (April 15th 2015).

Now I am unable to access my voicemail.  I can see that it's there by the widget on my home page, but I keep getting the:

Error Code 9004

message and I have to manually retrieve my voicemail messages using *86.

AND, if I try more than once to access (not manually) via the widget, the icon no longer shows I have however many voicemail messages to retrieve.

I am not happy.

Marti

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Error Code 9004 after Lollipop Upgrade 4/15
Snn5
Legend

Were you previously using manual basic voicemail or visual voicemail?  I know my G2, if I don't have visual set up, tapping the icon on the dialer brings up an error.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mcpopp,

Let's get your voicemail functioning again!  You're still able to access your voicemails successfully with *86?  Did you previously access through visual voicemail? Have you attempted to restart the device and test again? I'd also navigate to your application manager and clear cache/data from the application. Please share some further details. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vbrown405303
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same issue.  After the upgrade, I get error 9004 and my visual voicemail won't connect.  Yes, I restarted my phone.  I can only get voicemails by *86 now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
vbrown405303,

Let's make sure we get your voicemail up and running.  As Snn5 stated, we'll want to make sure your account is provisioned properly for visual voicemail right now. I've sent you a Private Message. Please reply so we can access your account details and provide resolution. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Lunar2004

Mine also has stopped updating and I can't even refresh. I restarted, cleared cache and restarted again. I think I have basic VM. It worked fine until the update. Help plz/thx.

0 Likes
Lunar2004

Ok, I cleared data and now my g3 is working with basic visual VM.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get this working, Lunar2004. Have you noticed if your WiFi setting is enabled when you are unable to refresh? Can you please test with WiFi off and cellular data on?

AndreaS_VZW
0 Likes
vbrown405303
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called tech support and it took a factory reset to get my visual voicemail back.  I won't be downloading any more updates until all the bugs are worked out.  Learned my lesson.

mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've only been using Basic Voicemail.

Yes, I can access by *86 ... but my widget is not notifying me there are any messages waiting.  So I have to check via *86 every 30 minutes.

I already did everything you suggested.

Error code 9004.  Can't Connect to Your Voice Mailbox.

Have lived in the same place for 6 years and with Verizon all during the 6 years.  Never had this problem until the Lollipop update.

Still having the same problem daily since my first post.  I didn't know I had to check for responses manually ... thought I might receive an email or something from Verizon.

Thanks.