Blue Screen and Reboot
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

I mentioned on another thread that a while back -- immediately after the software upgrade -- my phone's display would randomly shake, blink and fade to black in the middle of my using it (so not just a fadeout from inactivity). after a week or so of no solutions from Verizon wireless (factory reset, safe mode, etc.), I finally sent it off to LG. The good news: that specific problem seems to be gone. The bad news: now I am randomly getting the blue screen that always leads to an automatic restart (another problem that I've also heard about in this community). And I also have the battery drain issue.

Any ideas how to fix all of this stuff? Can Verizon work with Google to get another software update to fix all of these bugs?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blue Screen and Reboot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ptibbits,

Sorry to hear about trouble with the phone. I'm sure we can get you some assistance with this. One tip that sometimes helps certain devices after OS updates is to uninstall updates to the Android System Webview App and then turn off automatic updates. If this does not do the trick let us know. It's possible there's a hardware issue that will have to be referred back to LG. Keep us posted.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tezroe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I experienced the flicker and fade too...  Just got a replacement that has the previous software. I'm trying not to let the update happen..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ptibbits,

Sorry to hear about trouble with the phone. I'm sure we can get you some assistance with this. One tip that sometimes helps certain devices after OS updates is to uninstall updates to the Android System Webview App and then turn off automatic updates. If this does not do the trick let us know. It's possible there's a hardware issue that will have to be referred back to LG. Keep us posted.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes