Black screen
egrado

My screen on my LG g3 has gone completely black.   I tried removing the battery and the sim but it hasn't worked.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Black screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A black screen certainly does make it hard to use the phone. Let’s find out what we can do here egrado. Is the device on? Meaning can you hear sounds but just no screen? When did this happen? Any physical/liquid damage?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
egrado

yes, I can hear messages coming through and when I tap the screen I can hear the buttons for the lock code.

Elyda [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
egrado

I was actually texting when it went black so it wasn't dropped or wet.

Elyda [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

egrado - I appreciate the additonal information. Let's wake up your screen andget you texting again. Have you tried taking the battery out and placing it back in? If you take the battery out and plug the charger into device and  power it on, does it power on to he normal screen? Do you haappen to know what software you had on your device?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ttwilly

I have left my battery out for days and I have done a factory data reset and still my screen comes on at startup and then goes off immediately but screen works fine and phone seems to work fine

0 Likes