We'd be happy to help! How long have you been experiencing this? Does your phone have any physical or water damage? MichelleH_VZW
Piscean1, until Android fixes this known battery issue, here are some things you can do to extend your battery life:
1. Quit unused apps that are draining battery juice.
2. Set App Refresh to Manual.
3. Turn Off unnecessary hardware radios when not needed, such as LTE, GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.
4. Turn On Power Saving Mode.
5. Get rid of your animated screen widgets or wallpaper.
6. Turn Off Auto-syncing.
7. Use a third party app to help optimize your device's processes and save power in the process, like Outbyte Android Care.
8. Lastly, if your device has a removable battery and you really need your device to be functioning at its fullest and you need to use a lot of apps, you can buy a Power Bank or an extra battery pack.