Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,326 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Auto-time zone keeps reverting to GMT
BIGDOGS30

My LG G4 time zone keeps reverting to GMT when I have the "Auto-date & time" and "Auto-time zone" settings checked (I am in downtown Portland, OR). If I uncheck and recheck the "Auto-date time" setting, it will usually reset things back to the correct setting but then, within15-30 minutes or so, it switches back to GMT again. It has happened 5 times just today. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to what triggers the switch.

For now, I have set the time zone manually to my desired location but that's not going to work if I happen to be traveling.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of behavior?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Auto-time zone keeps reverting to GMT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, BIGDOGS30. Ensuring you have the right time on your device is a must. Help is here. Let's work together to ensure we find you a resolution. I appreciate all the information and steps you have completed thus far. Having the automatic time and zone check marked is a great start. When did this begin? Is your device's software up to date currently? So sorry to ask, but is has there been any damage, physical or liquid to your device?

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BIGDOGS30

This started within the last few days - maybe 7/30. I didn't report it until the next day when I saw it happening over and over. I've since determined that it doesn't appear to be related to the auto-time zone setting as I turned that off and it happened several more times. Again, unchecking and rechecking the "Auto-date & time" setting corrects the issue for a short while but then it jumps forward again a little while later.

The other thing I've noticed is that it only happens at my office in downtown Portland, OR. When I am at home (several miles away), the time setting remains accurate.

My device software is up-to-date and there is no damage of which I am aware other than normal wear and tear (although the device IS several years old so "normal" is up for interpretation).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Are others in your location experiencing this concern as well? To rule out as many third party influences as possible, please follow these steps to restart your phone in Safe Mode while at work: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-160981/ . After you are confident that the issue is or is not repeating, you can reboot to normal mode.

0 Likes