Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,575 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Auto restart once a month always, LG G5
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Hi

I started noticing this once-a-month auto restart problem soon after getting my LG G5 device.

1. it only auto-restarts once a month.

2. it only restarts when the machine is idle.

3. I had done a factory reset and the problem is still there.

Is this a hardware problem? Or a software bug?

Thanks

David

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Auto restart once a month always, LG G5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When did you first start noticing that this issue was occuring? Was it after a software update? Is there any pattern to the time or date of the reset?

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

its about 1 month after getting the phone. I thought it was a software issue, so I did a factory reset. It could be hardware but it happens so rarely and never happened while I am using the phone. Also the pattern seems to be once a month. This is truly odd. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're right, DEBBY.TUNG, that is really odd. Please try restarting your phone once every 5-6 days, to see if it stops doing it randomly, on it's own. 

Please keep us posted. 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I actually have the habit to reboot it once every day, still does not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details, DEBBY.TUNG. With this in mind, I want to ensure we explore all aspects of this. To ensure we are aligned, I do have a few questions. Since the issue began, have you reviewed the software version to ensure it is up to date? What apps did you download to the phone around the time the issue began? Are you able to update all of your apps to ensure there are no bugs from any downloaded content?

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes