Android 6.0 has made my LG G3 useless!
KayDee80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I accepted the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update on the morning of Friday, Feb. 19 and my phone is useless. I can't make or accept calls, Verizon Messenger no longer sends texts, my contact don't sync and I just have a spinning wheel, the phone freezes randomly, I cannot open my phone from the lock screen. I can't even use the dialer to dial 9-11.  I have restarted my phone no fewer than 10 times, taken the battery out, and turned it all the way off and left it off for an hour. I have a really lovely paper weight in my Lg G3.

Then there's battery - drained 40% in 30 minutes!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android 6.0 has made my LG G3 useless!
ninelives1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you may need to do a factory reset. Make sure you back up first. Hope a reset fixes the paper weight.

Snn5
Legend

When factory resetting do not auto restore apps or data.

KayDee80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks to you both. Reset this a.m. and have mostly gotten everything set up how I had it.

Mitmit

Mine is doing the same thing since adding software update. Talked to tech support. Did factory reset, removed sim and put back in,  removed battery, etc. Was told by Verizon that not covered under their Warranty because it's over a year old. They called LG and I spoke with them too. Same thing because it's over a year old. Was told I can send my phone into LG and if they have to fix it, they will let me know the cost too repair. Really????? Phone was working great before update, but I have to pay to repair it because the update messed it up???? And I'll be without a phone for about 2 weeks. And if this is a problem others are having, why isn't it covered?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Not everyone has this problem. Updates are handled OTA and via software managers like Verizon's SUA and LG Bridge on other carriers. Also...the preparation before the update plays a part. Such as wiping beforehand and restoration of apps and data play a part too.  There should be a class offered regarding this. Most people think it's just an update and it should work. Others research the process ahead of time. Too many variables to list as to why it works for some and not for others.  If an issue arises with a Windows PC update, Microsoft nor HP (or other maker) doesn't offer a new PC or repair.  Same thing with a hardware update, Nvidia wouldn't replace the video card. Google and phone manufacturers are no different.

0 Likes
Mitmit

I have since found out that it might be a hardware issue? http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/527306-why-does-my-lg-g3-screen-flicker-fades-darkness.html

Do you know if there is anything that can be done to fix the issue?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would surmise that, given the update is a software update to (perhaps) control hardware and other software (apps/OS) that it is software related.  If an FDR does not solve the issue, and given you cannot officially rollback an update, and also that you are out of warranty, you might have to try other methods not mentioned here.  If Verizon's SUA app does not or cannot recover the update from error, then other avenues would need to be sought out, such as repair, replacement, new phone, or other software options.

0 Likes