Re: email issues after the 12b update
CrazyChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

phil2s,

I may have found what was/is causing this issue. I'm going to test through today and tomorrow and will update with my findings. So far its working again as it should but its too soon to tell at this point.

0 Likes
phil2s
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a new G2 from my IT folks to see if it is hardware issue.

Now I can confirm it is software issue. Exactly same problems happen.

After activation of my new phone, without any app add or modification(not even google sync), the new phone got 12b update, no user choice. So I can't go back to earlier s/w version.

As soon as exchange email set up(still without google sync)

1. Under email setting, I got "headers only"  option only under email size limit, which cause #3 problem.

2. Old emails are OK: I can see the preview, and if I click it, I can see the content of emails.

3. However any new email after the setup, I can't see the preview and after clicked email, I need to click "load full email" at the bottom to see the content.

4. After long sleep, the push function not work.

5. With perfect WiFi connection, on the WiFi selection screen, "searching" with circle keep on and off every 5 second. Neighbor's weak signals keep on and off. (Maybe this is normal. WiFi working fine).

I hope Verizon and LG find the solution.

Thanks.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
JCAJOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interested to hear what you have found.... The only way I've been able to "kind of" make my email like "push" is by keeping the program open and running 24/7.

0 Likes
CrazyChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

HI JCAJOE,

I thought I had this fixed but after a while it stopped again but it has "woken up" this morning and is working again..... However it does seem to be better. The link below is all of the "enhancements" the new update had. Manually uninstall ViewDini, according to the link it was supposed to be removed and then clear your cache in the email app. (Settings->Application Manager->All->Email). Couple things observed yesterday, when my email cache gets to 600KB or over that's when it appears to start having issues.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/19/verizon-lg-g2-update-to-build-vs98012b-approved-and-ready-to-ro...

0 Likes
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

like the others have said. no relief from this issue yet. we need a new software update. I imagine the only reason you aren'tbeing overwhelmed by even more user complaints about this issue is because most just use gmail.

CrazyChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only way to do what they're asking is to remove the account first and then force stop it from running.

0 Likes
CrazyChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

815 people have looked at your original post, I agree most people probably don't use this phone for business use aka Exchange email. If GMail stopped working we'd probably already have an update with the fix. I emailed my entire company letting them know about this issue in case more people we're planning on getting this phone.

Funny thing is, I had an HTC Thunderbolt for 3 years and never had an issue, I felt like it was time to upgrade and got this phone only to have nothing but problems

Dajjmq
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are still getting the message that the "master sync is turned off" there is a simple solution to turn it back on.

Access the navigation menu by swiping from the top of the screen.  Then select the "sync" tab. (if you do not see the "sync" tab, you will need to select the icon on the top, right of the screen to reveal all tabs).  Once the "sync" tab is highlighted, your push service will work again.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
JCAJOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your suggestion doesn't help the Push email problem we've all been having. The only way to semi remotely use exchange email is to have the program running 24/7 in the background. ...and sometimes that still gets hung up.

I believe the "master sync" is on by default.

0 Likes
WinTin

Getting on the bandwagon with you on the "push" for the LG G2. No one at Verizon tech service (call center) knows how to work this phone after an hour --- Let's do a hard reset ....<<Comment removed>>  that is the worst case scenario...so he said I know who can help you with this and transferred me to LG in India.

I waited and waited to switch from the old school Blackberry Bold for years then I liked a bunch of features on this phone.  I will not be able to pay for it, however, when I am fired from my clients for not getting emails.

also I am having the issue where there is no reconciliation/sync to the hard account i.e. deleting an email on the phone does not delete it in gmail, yahoo, or the enterprise account.

Don't sell a phone you cannot support Verizon.....

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes