Re: email issues after the 12b update
phil2s
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the factory reset twice, no luck.

Along with this issue, I only have" headers only" option under email size limit.(no 5KB, all etc.)

As a result, after click the email, I have to click" load full message" at the bottom of the blank screen every time.

I believe this happened after the second OTA update.

I also found WiFi keep searching signal every 5 or 10 second even under excellent connections. I can still use wifi normally but if this fixed, the battery performance will be even better.

Please fix these.

Thanks.

akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still having the issues. I know i haven't posted in a few days but i just wanted to say it still doesn't work. Yes there are alternatives such as "touchdown" and the like but i dont want those. I want my phone to work like it did when i purchased it.

Jrid32
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is this not a "known issue" with numerous people reporting this as an issue? This is not an isolated issue. After the latest update "PUSH" email no longer works; therefore, it has to be a software issue. I do not want to purchase a 3rd party app for something that should work on a phone out of the box. Please fix.

FYI, I have already done the following:

- Deleted all email accounts and re-added them

- Hard Rest

- Received a Replacement Phone

- Hard Rest on the replace phone

0 Likes
Nategrier

I thought I was going crazy with the Push issue as well. Good thing i found this thread before resetting my phone because that was the next logical step. Verizon needs to get this fixed ASAP and if everyone in this forum that has a G2 is saying the issues started after the update. Then Verizon I think it may be worth looking into!! Like everyone else, my phone was perfect up until the update and I even recommended this phone to many of my coworkers. I only use this phone in a work environment so it is critical that my email gets pushed to me. Please document this issues as such and escalate it to LG and those who will aid in getting this fixed because it is a problem.

0 Likes
joegreen1

I am trying to get a new password for my email account

0 Likes
akinsac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wrong thread. Our issue is with a software update disabling our email on our phones. Nothing about resetting passwords.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi akinsac,

Thanks for the update! I recommend trying to resetting the stock email application via Settings > Application Manager > from the All tab, select the email app > select Force Stop > select OK > select Clear data > select OK.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration of having email issues Jrid32. I know its important to  have this working properly. We do report issues to the manufacture when multiple customers have an issue and until we have a fix for it, we provide other options to gain access to your functionalities. I'm sorry your having this issue after all the trouble-shooting.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
phil2s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only clear cache is activated.

Force stop is not.

Thanks.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
CrazyChicken
Enthusiast - Level 3

As Phil2s said, only clear cache is able to be used. Force Stop and Disable are grayed out.

0 Likes