Why isn't my text messaging working?
jbrewster11

I love this phone, but have a slight issue.  When I go into messaging and try to text my wife, the messaging app will either freeze for up to a few minutes, or I'll get a "messaging not working" error.  After a few minutes or waiting, if frozen, or restarting once or twice, the app normally fixes itself.  But it's getting annoying.  How can I fix this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 "Messaging isn't working"!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jbrewster11
I'm glad you love the phone. Let's get this messaging working. Did you download any 3rd party messaging applications? Please delete all old messages and power down remove and reinsert the Sim card and retest.

Let me know how that works.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jbrewster11
I'm glad you love the phone. Let's get this messaging working. Did you download any 3rd party messaging applications? Please delete all old messages and power down remove and reinsert the Sim card and retest.

Let me know how that works.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

jbrewster11 wrote:

I love this phone, but have a slight issue.  When I go into messaging and try to text my wife, the messaging app will either freeze for up to a few minutes, or I'll get a "messaging not working" error.  After a few minutes or waiting, if frozen, or restarting once or twice, the app normally fixes itself.  But it's getting annoying.  How can I fix this?

I guess you need to clear the cache of messaging app.

or

please check if there are some BAD app which inject Ads into your stock APP, I used to installa game from 3rd party app store,  The game app inject Ads into some my APP, that is why my messaging app crashed. After reset my phone to its factory default settings, it works now.