Why Won't MY LG2 Turn On?
BVIER21

Phone is not turning on. I have tried to do a soft reboot and will not do anything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Won't MY LG2 Turn On?
Snn5
Legend

Factory Data Reset (Powered Off) - LG G2 | Verizon Wireless

If resetting it does not work (software issue) then the issue is hardware.  If not the battery, then the board is malfunctioning and you will need a new phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG2 will not turn on. I have tried to reboot it but still not working, LG2 will not turn on. I have tried to reboot it but still not working
Snn5
Legend

Is the phone fully charged?  Will the screen even back-light?  Will a PC recognize it if plugged into a USB port and power button is pressed?

0 Likes
BVIER21

I let it charge all night and still nothing. I'm going to take it in. I'm guessing its the battery.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Used to be that you could take out the battery and plug it into the charger.  If it worked then the battery wa bad, and if not the phone was bad.

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having a working phone is always a must. I appreciate all of the steps you have already taken, BVIER21. Let's work on geting this fixed. Was there any changes prior to this starting? When plugged in does it indicate that it is charging?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BVIER21

There were no changes. I let it charge then I went to go text someone and the phone wouldn't turn on at all. Now it wants to turn on, but then shuts right bac off

0 Likes
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know that's never any fun seeing it do that. How long overall has this been going on? Have you tried anything on the device at all? Is there any type of damage to the device at all physical or liquid / moisture?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Factory Data Reset (Powered Off) - LG G2 | Verizon Wireless

If resetting it does not work (software issue) then the issue is hardware.  If not the battery, then the board is malfunctioning and you will need a new phone.

0 Likes