When will my LG G2 get Android 4.4?
pchallin

So Google released a killer new camera app for Android today, but my G2 can't use it because Verizon hasn't updated to Android 4.4!  How long will I have to wait ???

0 Likes
Re: When will my LG G2 get Android 4.4?
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

You will not get an answer here.

Verizon will only give you a canned reply and link you some ridiculous page.

Take a stand against Verizon. Sign the petition below.

https://www.change.org/petitions/verizon-update-the-samsung-galaxy-s3-s4-note-3-lg-g2-and-other-devi...

garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, It seems the kitkat is available now at LG server Can you try it with VZW Upgrade tool or LG PC Suite?

Snn5
Legend

When can we REALLY expect LG G2 Kitkat update?!?!?! The last page I have added a post with issues regarding the update assistant software.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

VZW disabled any PC to Phone software suites.

0 Likes
Not applicable

wrong. I just upgraded my G2 to kitkat using the LG update software.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Update is rolling out through the LG and VZW update utility, built into the phone. Not OTA yet. Problem is, if you have the white model this won't work.  IDK why, and it sounds dumb I know, but every successful update thus far is on a black model.

0 Likes
vader540is
Enthusiast - Level 1

how did u do this? every time i did it; it was directed to the vzw cloud crap

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

As soon as you plug in the phone, you will see the Verizon Assistant pop up(do not touch anything on the phone). You need to install that fist.

Then down on the lower right corner, you will see a small box about a software update. Once you click on update software, the Verizon Assistant will open up. It should then find your phone. Then click to download the update...just over 2GB. Depending on your internet connection, should be done in half hour or so. Mine took 45 minutes to download, 10 minutes to install.

Make sure you use a Windows machine. Can't be done on Mac.

creator
Contributor - Level 2