Re: When can we REALLY expect LG G2 Kitkat update?!?!?!
last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went inn to Verizon to use my upgrade. My razr was old and i do not own my own computer, i needed my phone. I was forced to give up my unlimited data (that alone just about had me go to tmobile) the only way around was to pay full price. For a 12 year customer? Psh. Well i did because i needed a new phone. I used the phone for 8 days and noticed some bugs i had read up that were associated with defect. Grid prominent in all lights, text messaging always starting at top of the conversation, phone getting hot, etc. I took to the store and besides the original sales guy who helped me, somehow no one could see the multiple issues i mentioned. I went to online support. I still have the conversation with them if you want. I was within my 2 weeks and would have happily paid a restocking fee for another NEW phone, but your rep kept pushing this "like new model" at no point was i comfortable with it but they pushed it on me. Telling me how happy I'll be with it.  It is buggier than the first! I just wanted an up front exchange i was entitled to. The second time i got on wireless support your rep told me there is no reason they couldn't have sent a new one, he was confused why they didn't, then said because i did send my original there was nothing he could do. You guys are a joke, I'm going to tmobile for my unlimited, my current software updates and better phone selections and i got a bunch coming with me. Sick of bs from corporations. We're not all Fucking retarded.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As far as unlimited data, as long as you paid the full price you never should have lost it.

The 14 day worry free guarantee is you put everything back in the box with all paperwork, hand it back to the person at the store, pay a $35 restocking fee and pick out a new device of your choosing. Not get a refurbished device. That was pure crazy.

If there is a price difference in the phones I would simply have the first payment reversed by your bank or CC company. Then recharge the new device again.

But since this is now a sour experience for you, yes maybe it is best you go to T-Mobile as long as they will have service you can use.

Another thing you can do is call your credit card company under their replacement guarantee ( My AMEX and Visa Card has this feature) and tell them you want a new device or just have them charge back the device purchase price and buy another device of your choosing. Once there is a charge back at least you will be on equal footing dealing with Verizon Wireless.

Good Luck

easton0911

People on Android Central, Google+ and XDA forums have screen shots of the update rolling out last night.  Should be soon.

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

Post the links?

You sure this is the actual rollout and not the 24A that has been floating around and needing to install it via adb?

last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

link?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

forums.androidcentral .com/verizon-lg-g2/372954-verizon-lg-g2-word-kitkat.html

Take out the space btw central and .com  Couldnt post link from copy/paste.

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm, someone said something about the same build number as the one at XDA.

That raises a big red flag that Verizon has not released the update. Only 3 people claiming so far?

Sorry, but that smells like hoax to me. Tech sites would be all over this, though nothing is coming in a searches.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is the first phone I have had in a great long while that I wasn't too concerned with another update.  GB to ICS to JB were big updates, but this KK seems to be slight speed improvement on an already fast phone.  What bothers me is, what will be altered from the original Google KK and what will be cut or needlessly added-to our VZW version of that update.  All I wanted was Tap and Pay.  I have no issue with blue icons.  I do have issue however, with some of the features that are blocked on our versions such as call blocking and lack of PC support software.  But, in the end, coverage is what matters to us rural folks.  I ran with T-Mobile for all of 1 week before I realized that even in a city of 75k that the T-mobile coverage was weak and that unlimited data was useless.  The S4 I tried on that network suffered horribly bad battery life because of it.  But, after losing my unlimited data on my Droid Maxx I was able to get into a loyalty plan for a year.  So, it worked out for me OK for the most part.  I switched because of slow updates and prices.  I switched back because of reliability.  I know that doesn't really follow the thread regarding the KK update, but a lot of people are switching mad because of this slow roll out.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I show where some other LG G2 users on VZW are getting the update through VZW Software Upgrade Assistant.  My problem is, even with drivers and the SUA program being up to date, the software does not recognize my phone.  however, if i click on the icon in the tray (near clock) it says software up to date.  I wonder why this program isn't seeing my phone.  I figure this is the first route for updating, with OTA coming later during the rollout, if there even is one happening right now.  This info comes from the XDA developers forums.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

According to VZW support, the LG G2 is NOT supported by any PC software (even VZW/LG branded software that comes on the device) or updates and might very well be an end of life device.  I remember the same thing happening with my Galaxy Nexus and Moto Droid MAXX.

0 Likes