Re: When can we REALLY expect LG G2 Kitkat update?!?!?!
ndrn13

While want the update right now, I'd feel better if they would at least give us a date for the update.  I bought a Jawbone UP24 activity tracker after the Android software was finally released (only IOS right away).  I get it only to find out that it requires Android 4.3 or higher.  After doing research, everything pointed to the update being released by the end of Q1 of 2014 and as we all know, still no update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

AT&T just sent out a small 6mb 2nd update for their LG G2.  It was to fix the tap and pay and one other thing.  Maybe, I hate to say, VZW is waiting to see what issues other carriers run into before sending us the final update.  No doubt WITHOUT tap and pay in favor of ISIS, which was a fail for me.

0 Likes
dorlopp
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an outright lie if she did tell you that. LG openly released the LG G2 kitkat update to ALL USA carriers. The truth is that Verizon has not yet finished their tinkering with the operating system. They will remove the features that they don't want us to have and add what they desire us to have. There will be a lot of bloatware and unnecessary things in their version of the kitkat for LG G2. I am not saying that they can't do what they want to do with their carrier but it would be wise to stop making their customers angry and it would also be wiser to try to listen to them a lot more.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's flat out BS yourself. Carriers DO NOT touch code period. it has been prove multiple times from manufacturers and Google. HTC was the most recent to express that. Google and Sony during their AOSP project together showed that governing bodies took the longest and could take 6 months in their own right.

The one thing most people fail to realize. If there is a problem and the radio firmware needs to change it has to go through the approval process for certification of WiFi, Bluetooth, and FCC testing approval. Somethig that manufacturers have said, but they'll never say they got it back from carriers because they don't want to be hounded while they wait for approval from the above mentioned. Timing also plays a roll. It's FCFS unless you are military or civil services as they move to the front of the line.

Also LG is slow... LG is updating the T-Mobile black G2 and the whites can't be updated...

last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you mean the white models can't be updated?

0 Likes
last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well Verizon just lost another customer. After another headache trying to exchange my faulty g2 within my 2 week window. only to get a "like new" model (that is even worse than the first) after repeating that I would be happy to pay a restocking fee for a new one. I will be heading to t-mobile as soon as this device is paid off. I suggest you all join me. No bloatware, amazing customer service, and the LTE is LIGHTNING fast. Later verison. Thanks for all the trouble and overcharging year after year. Oh and did I mention UNLIMITED DATA at T-Mobile.

0 Likes
last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Seriously, fix it or I am going to make it my passtime to get people off of your network. New device, my old data back, or suck it. I was within my exchange period, In store tried to deny anything was wrong with it, online support basically MADE me get a refurbished phone. Ridiculous. The last tech I just tried to resolve it with agreed that I should have been sent a new one, but goes on to say there is nothing he can do. your company is a fucking joke.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just move to T-Mobile if you think they are right for you. They pay early termination fees but you will pay full price for the device.

They raised the everything plan by $10 and took away corporate discounts.

$80 plus taxes and fees so let's say around $95 plus the device payment of $25 so $120 a month. Great deal and no contracts.

So the choice is yours.

Good Luck

Tidbits
Legend

Right now LG suite will not update the white G2 and the OTA only works on the blacks. There's a slew of people on T-Mobile forums complaining they haven't gotten it, and LG software says they are up to date. What they all have in common. They all have the white version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

last_wave_rocker,

We do not want to see you go! We want you to have a fully functional device that you will love. What is going on with your current replacement device? What was the reason for the device not being switched out with a brand new device if it was within the 14 day WFG period? We look forward to working with you in this process.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes