When can we REALLY expect LG G2 Kitkat update?!?!?!
last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously Verizon Wireless Community What the ***? This is just ridiculous. First I unwillingly abandon my long time unlimited data because I didn't have $600 to drop on a full price phone (I haven't owned my own computer in 6 years and my phone is everything. Staying up to date is essential. So, the fact that no matter what I tried to doI could not keep that feature was just about the last straw for Verizon) I ended up going with Jump because like I mentioned earlier, staying up to date on phones is crutial for me. I find it pretty ridiculous that we pay the most of any carrier just to have the *best* reception. With T-mobile actively expanding and increasing their towers, I think the move to them is imminent. Being the last (by a long shot) to receive updates just to be met with copious amounts of unwanted bloatware and restrictions on OUR devices that are too expensive for Verizon to be able to literally **** us by making them almost unusable or at very least utterly annoying and lack of any personalization. The squeaky wheel  USUALLY gets the oil, but verizon can tune us out better than anyone. I, personally, am one **** deal and crappy costomer service experience away from doing everything I can to get the many people I know off of this  arrogant network. T-mobile, get ready for a ton of new contracts. If someone wants to reinstate my unlimited data and give us a solid word on an OS update instead of endless ** that would be fantastic. I've been hearing since early Feb that it is coming and waited as long as I could before getting the G2. Your move Verizon.

<< Edited for profanity >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Re: When can we REALLY expect LG G2 Kitkat update?!?!?!
last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

customer**

PMA1145
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very frustrated that Kit Kat is not out yet for VZW customers. I have been a loyal VZW customer but if they cannot get this right, then we should have some compensation relief on our bill for lack of service (updates come from manufacturers who deem it necessary for us to have the update) And in typical VZW fashion, there is no way to complain other than calling and the employees that are at the call center have no influence over the situation. I will be seeing about emailing customer corporate support to lodge a formal complaint. Sad, pay so much for a service and can't get full service. Looks like switching out to another carrier may have to be an option because VZW simply can't do it right and in time!

starflyr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke to a verizon rep. yesterday regarding the g2 update to kit Kat.  after emailing the NY metro representative I received a call from Roberta Pukala.  she stated, and I quote, "Verizon does not have the kit Kat update for the g2" she continued, "lg is in control of releasing the update and Verizon would love to push kit kat to its customers..". after I picked my jaw off the floor I asked about a time frame for the update, she respondwed " Verizon does not have any info on a release date, I apologize"

what is the truth? I emailed lg and am awaiting an answer.

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Starflyr

We know that is a flat out lie. LG has released the source code. Heck, LG even promised that code would have been released before the end of Q1 and it was released back in February!

Get off your arses Verizon. We need the update!

starflyr
Enthusiast - Level 1

we need to barrage them with calls and emails, this isn't right.

please email Patrick devlin

Private info removed as required by the
Edited by admin_moderator
0 Likes
DJH06
Contributor - Level 1

I have been with Verizon a long time. I really never got in to the "I need the update now" mentality. However, what has become more frustrating is that every other major carrier has released Kit Kat for both the LG G2 and the Galaxy S4 (I have both on my account).  I don't want an update that is riddled with issues. For that, I would gladly wait if Verizon scrutinized more closely any update it pushed out. However, history is not on Verizon's side by pushing out a more problem-free update than any other carrier. I am fed up with the company line that "LG pushes out the updates, not Verizon."  This is just not true.  If so, I am pretty sure LG would update all devices, not just certain carriers.  Come on Verizon, if the updates are there, get them out to your customer base.  The ones that continue to support your salary. It's not one device...it is every device.  You are late to the game every time and have yet to provide one legitimate reason except passing the buck. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not all providers have pushed it out.

As I posted this morning Sprint put out Kitty Kat this morning.

T-Mobile I believe is releasing it now also and Verizon and I think AT&T has not done so yet.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Brian300835
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually Elector, Sprint pushed out the LG G2 update on March 31. It was rolled out in phases.

AT&T LG G2 KitKat update was rolled out in early March, along with T-Mobile in early March.

Verizon yet again is last, and lied to a forum user saying that LG rolled out the updates, and not the carrier.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep I read about the Sprint and T-Mobile roll outs. I did read something different about AT&T so I was unsure about them.

Verizon plays with os updates way longer than the others. But yes they will put customers concerns off any means or ways they can. A real shame.

Good Luck

0 Likes