Whats happening with KitKat Update ?
achille16

I called in and asked verizon about the Kitkat update and i was told that it was in the lines and they will be updating it in phases , however its been weeks after that still no word on the update. .  In the mean time all the carriers US and elsewhere have provided the kit kat update. . Any one know about this ?

0 Likes
Re: Whats happening with KitKat Update ?
MrBonjour

Seems that it's out there somewhere.

http://www.mobilebloom.com/verizon-lg-g2-android-kitkat-4-4-2-update-explored/2243587/

The writer acts like it's available.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MrBonjour wrote:

Seems that it's out there somewhere.

http://www.mobilebloom.com/verizon-lg-g2-android-kitkat-4-4-2-update-explored/2243587/

The writer acts like it's available.

You do realize that's just a spam article. It's just to get people to click ads.

0 Likes
azdennis

Interestingly, even though the specs still say Android 4.2.2 in My Verizon the photograph of the G2 shows the KitKat 4.4.2 opening wallpaper! My guess is that the article noted above has some truth to it and we will have KitKat very soon. Here is the Verizon webpage:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/LG/7091.html

So far my phone will not detect an upgrade and none is shown in Verizon Support except the minor fix from December.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That wallpaper is the one that came with my G2 I got in January and I'm on 4.2. Of course we're getting KitKat no one said we weren't. All LG said is by the end of Q1 which is March 31.

0 Likes
atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

anonymuss is right. mobilebloom is an advertising site for sure. The article doesn't even make sense because the updates it listed are the same as the small patch we got a couple months ago. The wallpaper listed in the link is on my g2 now that I got in November. Sprint still hasn't the update either but we are the last 2 carriers in the USA. the fact that Verizon is usually last is what bothers me. There will have to be some major mobile traffic over the next 2 weeks to get the update to all U.S customers by Q1 like LG promised. My guess is it wont happen by March 31 and when we do get 4.4 that will be the last update so I just pray its a solid build. The wait is nothing more than Verizon making sure their bloat works which we all know has always had issues in some way or another. The international version has had 4.4 for a couple months and the only real difference is the radios and the bloat. LG let Verizon drop this ball big time because there are i9300 galaxy s3 phones that are under 4.4 soak testing now. The s3 getting it anywhere around the same time is a huge letdown really.

atspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well its the last official week of Q1. Still no word from Verizon. This isn't LG anymore and purely carrier related. Canada is getting it Tuesday while the rest of the world is pulling it daily. Sprint and Verizon have become the lone rangers in this race. I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into their testing since we all love their bloat to begin with "lol".

But on another note I was sent a very interesting email about my RAZR MAXX HD. It was an invite to some testing on a serious update " Very likely 4.4". Feels great knowing I have a 4 month old device that has had less attention this month than my 1 1/2 year old device. Talk about pouring salt in a wound this did it. 

LG has made some serious changes. They haven't been slow with this update like they have been in the past. So I thank Verizon for crippling LG'S market for Verizon customers. Verizon forced a one of a kind model (vs980) that has half the accessories of the international already so I can understand them playing big brother like usual tweaking anything they see fit. LG should really step up and point the finger this time. 

last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

No word on update ANYWHERE I check. honestly Verizon is (removed) me off. I got kicked off my grandfathered unlimited data unless I felt like paying $600 for the g2 on top of ridiculous bloatware and inability to have any control over these devices. T-mobile is looking better everyday. Verizon should really push these updates out faster and get rid of the awful bloat they are famous for. Do you really think we don't notice? If this update isn't in by tomorrow I might just ditch "america's top Wireless Network" Good service or not, your customer service and planning suck (removed)

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Joshhickey87

I called Verizon last night and according to their tech department there is nothing about the kitkat for the g2 on their database.

0 Likes
last_wave_rocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wtf mate? It already came out for a bunch of carriers and in the US. Is

Verizon really going to stiff us altogether? I'm about over this place

0 Likes