Re: What is Verizon going to do to compensate me for DESTROYING my phone?
Snn5
Legend

Refer to my first reply to OP.  ""If that is unacceptable, you'll need to buy another phone elsewhere or ask about Early Edge.""

But further, I suppose they can do as they wish since they are not under warranty rules.

0 Likes
bobha
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading a lot more threads on this issue, is this a Verizon problem or a Google problem. I am seriously considering taking my 5 phone lines to ATT to get around the current update problem but if it's a Google problem and I transfer my LG G2 over to ATT will I have the same problems?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, as it is a manufacturer issue, the carrier, no matter which will have issues.  The big difference people are saying, without saying it knowingly, is that the updates are approved at different times.  Someone on an LG G2 VS980 Verizon can have the same issues with an LG G2 LS980 on Sprint and so forth with the other 2 carriers.  Google makes the base of the OS, manufacturer's make sure it works with their hardware and the carrier only has a brand on the phone from the manufacturer that put Google's OS on the phone.  Changing carriers won't do much other than to create a switching hassle, for which, you could have the same ordeal all over again with whichever carrier.

Tommyboy56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same for me. Ruined a great phone. Was going to do warranty replacement for myself , wife and son. We all have the G2. But 2 co-workers got replacements and were prompted to install lollipop. They did and same problems are happening. One friend is going for another replacement the other is leaving Verizon after his contract is up. But it's probably not the carrier. All carriers seem to have problems with lollipop. They need to stop pushing it onto older perfectly working phones. I'm convinced they knew it was bad and it will force customers onto newer devices. It's unforgivable to ruin such a great phone.

0 Likes
jnbolk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Snn5, give up the company line.  I bought my G2 last December and after being forced to upgrade to lollipop the G2 is buggy, and unreliable. 

Snn5
Legend

Pardon?  To what are you referring?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it.  My G2 updated flawlessly.  I don't work for Verizon, but thanks for acknowledging my wisdom in regards to the subject at hand.  If you need any help with your G2, just ask.  I'm sure we can straighten it all out.

0 Likes
robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

(I am bobha in the above thread but Verizon won't let me log on to that for some reason) I have an LG G2 and after the Lollipop update battery life was horrible, no notifications from email and sometimes texts, pictures were upside down sometimes and they changed Do Not Disturb to no notifications and after it was supposed to come back on from a scheduled time it wither went to vibrate or just didn't turn my sounds back on at all. Plus, it would not allow priority and favorite calls to go through as it used to do under Kitkat. I was on the phone with Verizon this past Friday night for 45 minutes and they had me to a factory reset under their guidance.  On Saturday, the Verizon support rep did call me back as he said he would and we were on the phone for about an hour and a half after another factory reset and he finally sent me a new LG G2. 'No interruptions' still didnt work, sounds did not turn on and a few other problems popped up during that last call. I received my new G2 and it tried to update to Lollipop and I do not allow it to do so and guess what?  Everything works as it did before the update and i'm keeping Kitkat until they come up with a patch for Lollipop. Hey Google, when will this be fixed? (Since i'm sure it's not a Verizon problem).

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Hey, be careful you keep answering the defer question properly. Eventually though, I think it's going to auto-update on you.

robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are correct on the be careful part. There is an option to 'do an automatic update' and so far I have not done that and hope not to do it either.

0 Likes