What is Verizon going to do to compensate me for DESTROYING my phone?
amichaelroberts
Enthusiast - Level 1

My perfectly functioning LG G2 is useless to me after the lollipop update. I've restored it, factory reset it, uninstalled the update (it forces it back), cleared the cache, removed all apps etc so don't tell me to do anything. My phone takes HOURS to charge, drains in less time then it takes to charge, apps are screwed up. I can't express how angry I am, my upgrade date isn't for a year and I need a working phone. I want to know what Verizon is going to do for all the customers it just disabled with this update. If I don't get a Verizon response and you are having the same issues, please join me in a class action law suit.

Tags (1)
Re: What is Verizon going to do to compensate me for DESTROYING my phone?
Snn5
Legend

If you have tried all else to no satisfaction, use your warranty to get a replacement from Verizon.  If that is unacceptable, you'll need to buy another phone elsewhere or ask about Early Edge.  There is no such thing as a class action lawsuit.  Those details are spelled out in your customer agreement.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If your warranty was expired, it's possible your credit card extended it by a year. My CC does.

You could try composing a well thought out, properly written letter to the manager responsible for your region.

Region Leadership | Verizon Wireless

Be positive, sincere, factual, logical. Put them in a position to help you.

You could file with the BBB.

0 Likes
bobha
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with the OP on this one. The lollipop update is the problem. I am not sure why people are saying its a warranty issue. It is obviously a flawed software update. I have done all steps that the OP did. Now, some days my battery will last a good 16 hours, other days I barely get 7 hours out of it with hardly any use. The 'interruptions' feature is very flawed also. It does not allow 'favorites' to ring through as it says it should do and when the 'interruptions' turns off at the time I tell it to it send my phone to vibrate mode, now sounds. The software update is horrific and needs to be fixed now or allow us to roll back to the previous software version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Snn5, thanks for helping us support our customers with information regarding the manufacturer warranty. You are correct. As a reflection of our commitment to our customers, we provide a one year manufacturer warranty which will provide you with the same make/model phone that you current have in exchange for your defective phone. However, please be advised that this phone replacement option does not cover phones that have physical or liquid damage.

For more information regarding our Total Equipment Coverage, click http://vz.to/1JIbRZ2

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Snn5
Legend

The reason it is a warranty issue is because if the software or hardware malfunctions due to no fault of the consumer within the time period, Verizon makes it right with a replacement.  A lot of updates go wrong and starting fresh with a clean handset is a good way to try again.  Might as well try that course due to the fact that we all pay in some way in some amount for this warranty within the cost of service.

0 Likes
bobha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thank you for the clarification and i'll try that however the root of the problem is the flawed lollipop update that needs fixed asap. Since Verizon Wireless support is watching this thread what do i need to do to get a replacement phone asap? thank you

0 Likes
bobha
Enthusiast - Level 2

On this website Verizon touts how great the Android 5.1 is... I am at 5.0.2., when will 5.1 be available and maybe fix the huge amount of issues that lots of people are having??  ( Android Lollipop 5.1's Best New Features

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You simply call Verizon for the replacement.

stef7
Master - Level 2

And, what does a person do if outside the warranty period?