What do you think of KitKat, now that we have it?
dhnyny
Enthusiast - Level 2

After all the whooping and cheering that Verizon's LG G2 finally got KitKat, I have to say: I barely notice any difference and it seems like much ado about nothing. Fortunately, my installation had none of the problems that other people report. I'm just hard pressed to see much difference from Jelly Bean. What do you think? What is better? What is worse? What is just different?

0 Likes
Re: What do you think of KitKat, now that we have it?
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I waited more patiently than I had in the past for other updates, but I don't see much of a difference...on the surface.  Thing is, is that there were a lot of changes made for the better underneath what you can actually see.  It's more than appearance or speed.  http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/ tells a lot about the hidden features.  I like the more responsive knock-on feature and the tap-to-pay ability as well as full-screen viewing (hidden nav buttons during playback).  Other than white icons and a few pop up notifications about data being on or off, there isn't a lot to the GUI.  I had a bad experience the first time updating my G2 (got a bad install that couldn't be fixed), but the replacement G2 has worked so far.  I don't see much use in another OS upgrade anytime soon, unless it is to fix a bug or security issue.  This phone does pretty much everything my HP laptop with 5GB RAM and 2.70 Ghz AMD APU can do.

0 Likes