Re: Upgrade date keeps changing??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

AlohaJane wrote:

I have three phone lines. Two contracts started a few weeks before the last one. The first two are allowing me to upgrade my phones at 19 months as per my contract and the third one they are saying no upgrades as they are holding me to the two year contract. The difference between the lines, other than contract date? That third line was shut off with billing since my sons iphone was stolen. Verizon wireless customer service agents keep hanging up on me when I ask any questions about this. In 4 months all of my contracts are up and they are going to lose a customer of over 10 years.

I do not think they can unilaterally change contracts like this and if some other people want to do a class lawsuit count me in!

It all depends on when your contracts started. http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/04/verizon-wireless-upgrade-statement.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
joshfromAC
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess I haven't been in the news lately because I just figured this out. I was actually pretty excited because I thought I would be able to upgrade next year in August since I upgraded the first week of January of this year. Now I won't be able to upgrade until January of 2015.

I'm sure this switch is just to push the Verizon Edge plan where you're basically making payments on a new phone FOR THE FULL RETAIL PRICE for 6 months (when you will have it 50% paid off), then you do it all over again. It reminds me of buying something with a loan that you pay every month, and the seller pushes you to trade it in for something else so they can keep you stuck paying them for years.

Had I of known they were going to push the upgrade date back the full 2 years, I wouldn't have upgraded and I would have went elsewhere. That's what I get for being in a "contract" where the holders can change the rules any time they want without us even having a choice. This change shouldn't even effect people until their next upgrade if it was put into place after they had already resigned their contract. It's not fair and it should be illegal to change something like this up on people during a contract that they signed before it was even changed.

0 Likes
tayls25

Yeah, Verizon has upset me over this as well.  My upgrade date was Feb 2014.  I went to look at the iPhones last week in preparation for my upgrade, only to see that my upgrade date has been moved to June 2014.  I called customer service and was told they would still honor the discounted upgrade price since my account was in good standing.  I didn't want to purchase it right away, so I called back this week.   I was told by customer service that there is no early upgrade deal for iPhones.  I could either upgrade for $750, wait until June, or switch to the Verizon Edge pyramid scheme. 

I understand that T-Mobile is now offering to buy out contracts for up to $650.  I'm definitely thinking of switching carriers now.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tayls25 wrote:

Yeah, Verizon has upset me over this as well.  My upgrade date was Feb 2014.  I went to look at the iPhones last week in preparation for my upgrade, only to see that my upgrade date has been moved to June 2014.  I called customer service and was told they would still honor the discounted upgrade price since my account was in good standing.  I didn't want to purchase it right away, so I called back this week.   I was told by customer service that there is no early upgrade deal for iPhones.  I could either upgrade for $750, wait until June, or switch to the Verizon Edge pyramid scheme. 

I understand that T-Mobile is now offering to buy out contracts for up to $650.  I'm definitely thinking of switching carriers now.

They changed the upgrade policy. http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/04/verizon-wireless-upgrade-statement.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tayls25 wrote:

enjoy the terrible reception. By the way t-mobile makes you pay full price for phones they don't offer discounts anymore. So you'll be paying $750 for that iPhone at t-mobile. Also quit blaming Verizon. Apple refuses to let ANY carrier to allow early upgrades. Blame Apple. Also Verizon announced that upgrade dates will now match contract end dates back in April of last year this isn't new.

0 Likes
TIFARR14

Yea the change in policy accounts for one change but my upgrade date has been moved 5 times. Each time they give me this bull about it being the ended the early upgrade, problem is my phone is now 3 years old and the soonest upgrade i can get is next year. Of course it will be 4 more months as soon as it gets close. Verizon is run by crooked people.

0 Likes