Upgrade date keeps changing??
nofxroxx

Hello, a while ago I was informed that my UG date was 4/13. I look now, and it says August/2013. Why does it keep changing? I'm getting sick of this. I need to get rid of this LG revolution. I can't call because I'm not the account manager so they won't tell me ANYTHING. Does anyone know why this is happening?

>Edited to remove profanity<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade date keeps changing??
jjcustomer

I am having a similar experience and though I have been a long time Verizon customer I am nearly ready to eat the early term fee and switch carriers. My UG date was 10/12. My phone failed before that date, but I tried to limp along with it until then. When October arrived the account indicated that I was not eligible for UG until 5/13. After both trips to my local store (they could tell me nothing except my UG date was now 5/13) and emails, I was finally told that when the other person on the account (my elderly mother) lost her phone in 2012 they transferred my upgrade to her. This was not explained to her nor cleared with me. Also, I don't understand why a lost phone uses up an upgrade (she replaced it with the closest available model). Okay, so thinking my upgrade date is now May, I waited until today when I log into my account and find that I am now not eligible for upgrade until 9/14 (and my mother is currently eligible). This is simply incorrect. When I went to my retail store last year I was told they could no longer transfer the upgrade in the store and that I had to do it online. I have not been able to do so successfully.

So if anyone can explain this new change in UG date, I would love to hear the explanation. There are only two of us on the account and no one has changed anything, let alone upgraded a phone since my contact with Verizon last year when I was told I would be eligible this month.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon just recently changed the upgrade eligibility from 20 months to 24 months.  They certainly have the right to do that.  When you signed your last 2 year contract, you got a $400 discount on a new phone.  In return, you agreed to remain a customer of Verizon for 24 months and make 24 monthly payments.  Verizon agreed to provide you service for 24 months.  There is nothing in that contract regarding future upgrades, how long, or if they will even be available.  Verizon could and can eliminate subsidized upgrades at any time they choose, so get off that high horse.

If your mother used your upgrade to upgrade her phone, that was because she or you authorized that.  Verizon does not and can not authorize that.  A lost phone is on you, not Verizon.  Who the heck do you think is supposed to pay for your lost phone?  Certainly not Verizon.  Your 1 year warranty covers manufacturer's defects, not damage, lost phones, or stolen phones.  If you purchased insurance, then it would be covered by your insurance policy, but that's between you and your insurance company and has nothing to do with Verizon.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Horses 547 is absolutely correct. 

And how does it 'keep changing' it just went back to 24 months. 

0 Likes
GG1701

Oh, they give us a $400 "discount", eh?  You mean, a $400 discount on the $400 mark-up they put on the phones to make you think you're getting a good deal? LOL  And, then they sell you the phone at it's regular price when your upgrade date finally comes. Scam

0 Likes
GG1701

If they really cared about the customer, then instead of extending our eligibility dates by 4 months  >>comment deleted; please keep it family friendly<<, why don't they simply "decrease" our current 2-year contracts by 4 months down to 20 months to line up with OUR eligibility date, just this one time?  Grandfather everybody in so they can keep their upgrade date.  Have us renew our 2-year contracts 4 months early, instead. 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GG1701

Oh, and don't forget the $30 "upgrade fee" they're going to charge you, too.  You know, for their "training" and stuff.

0 Likes
GG1701

My old phone is not in the best shape.  I've been having problems with it.  Doesn't perform well anymore, very buggy, bluetooth issues, etc.  I've been counting on my September upgrade, and now I have to wait until next year?  So, what.. I have to resort to buying a used phone on the black market for $375+ dollars on Ebay if my current phone takes a crap on me before then?  Thanks, Verizon.  I love you more and more each day.

0 Likes
NADLAW
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  I wonder what the Public Utilities Commission thinks about this.

AlohaJane
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have three phone lines. Two contracts started a few weeks before the last one. The first two are allowing me to upgrade my phones at 19 months as per my contract and the third one they are saying no upgrades as they are holding me to the two year contract. The difference between the lines, other than contract date? That third line was shut off with billing since my sons iphone was stolen. Verizon wireless customer service agents keep hanging up on me when I ask any questions about this. In 4 months all of my contracts are up and they are going to lose a customer of over 10 years.

I do not think they can unilaterally change contracts like this and if some other people want to do a class lawsuit count me in!