Re: Touchscreen Issues Growing Across G2 Owner Community...
katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you serious? I just explained my entire situation and never did I mention that having anything to do with anything I'm having issues with.  This is why your customer service is so terrible because not only do you ask the wrong questions but you give irrelevant solutions. This is a widespread issue with almost every LG G2 user so it would be a lie to say you're unaware. I can't even send texts anymore because this update messes with the network connection

Not applicable

You Said:"This is a widespread issue with almost every LG G2 user so it would be a lie to say you're unaware".

This statement would be absolutely false. My wife's LG G2 has no problems with it what so ever. It is not even wholly discussed all over the net as an issue.

Every update although should be better and not cause issues; on certain devices it does.

This is the maker of the phones responsibility and Google who makes the OS. Contact LG USA and have them assist you. See if they deny the issue.

Verizon just provides the connection to the cellular and data network.

I do agree that customer services don't really read the issues and reply as a generic absolutely no help many times.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

I'd say as Big E stated it's time to look at other options to issue you can clear the system cache, run the phone in Safe Mode this help show if there any third party apps that are causing conflict and if all else fails try, Running the phone through a Factory Reset..

Sometime it's the best solution..

katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not doing another factory reset I'm sick of having to redo everything.  But I've already done all of that other stuff.  There isn't a fix its just what the software update did to it.  I shouldn't have to factory reset my phone to fix  it. The source of the problem should fix it.  That's obvious

0 Likes
katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're joking right.  There is article after article with thousands of LG G2 users having issues after the update.  It is clear that it is widespread. Good I'm glad your wife is have a wonderful time with it, that's why I said "almost"

0 Likes
katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also I already contacted LG. THEY told me to contact Verizon

0 Likes
Not applicable

I never joke when trying to help.

LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Backfires - Alpha Wired

In this article it is stating LG is aware of certain complaints. They are saying its users not knowing how to operate their devices after the Kit Kat update. Logical.

Quote:

Information from the manufacturer already acknowledge the difficulties pointed out by clients who have received downloads but have so far advised those currently receiving the same updates to just accept them as they sort out the issues.

Additionally why would LG tell you to contact Verizon. LG is the company that must send out a fix after Google makes one. The statement almost everyone is not correct. A number of owners are having this issue etc, is more accurate. But in the article below many others are saying its excellent. ( My wife must be lucky, no update to any of her devices has been an issue)

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/24/lg-g2-android-4-4-kitkat-update-problems-emerge/

And the problem is not just Verizon. This article states LG must get a fix for the update as they did with AT&T so Verizon customers can have a working device.

It is so easy to blame Verizon for something LG is responsible for.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Well there are times Katie that when a new update comes about it can cause the old software that was left on the phone which would of been Jelly Bean to not play nice with the New..  what ever it may be if it's  kit kat then the two may be causing interferences with Each other. and when that happen the most reasonable thing you can do until another update comes is to do a factory reset.. Hopefully an Update will come soon to solve your issues.. b33

katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

It doesn't matter if it makes sense to you that LG sent me back to Verizon.  Thats what happened its not a fact that's up for debate

0 Likes
katiekay0216
Enthusiast - Level 3

I factory reset three phones in a row. Made my settings so the it wouldn't go automatically for hours and hours ahead of time. But it still kept pestering me to update,  and obviously if you do then you can't go back without resetting the phone again. So of course it did the update while I was sleeping even though it wasn't set to. I have every right to be frustrated on my fourth phone asks months of problems.

0 Likes