Re: Touchscreen Issues Growing Across G2 Owner Community...
TLFLA

I have been experiencing a similar issue with screen not waking up or staying active during calls or won't wake up from sleep by pressing power button or double tap.  I reset the device, removed all accessories including screen protector and case. After the issue persisted I happen to notice while rubbing clean the area around the proximity sensor I felt a slight click as if something was being plugged back in inside the device.  Low and behold, I found my fix!  After some light (not too hard) pressure I seem to be plugging in the proximity sensor or something in that area and it fixes the problem.  Although I am finding this is not permanent, after some pocket carry time it must pop out again because I again need to apply some pressure at the top of the phone where the proximity sensor is again and it clicks back in again and works for a while. 

Hope this may help some others with this issue who haven't determined it is a software or proximity sensor being blocked. 

On a side-note, my phone has no real physical damage or cracks so it wasn't due to abuse or a long fall and I do keep the phone both in a case and screen protectors both purchased from a VZW Corporate location.

0 Likes
n3xusfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry took so long to get back. I ended up getting a replacement g2 cause the screen issue wouldn't go away. I have not had this problem with replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear the replacement is going well for you n3xusfan. Please be sure to use our support page just in case something comes up later on http://bit.ly/yN1P80 Thanks again for being the best part of Verizon Wireless and thanks for the update.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rodney87

My lg g2 is having a major screen issue. It will only let me tuch parts of my screen. And sometimes not at all. I can't hit the submit button

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rodney87,

We want you to be able to fully use your device! Do you notice if the screen issues only happen in certain applications. Have you tried to put you device in safe mode to see if the issue persists? http://vz.to/1j9Hezk

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Rodney87

Yes I tried safe mode and it still continued. I also uninstalled all apps.  Still continues

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
kikiluvsE

I am having the exact same issue.  This usually happens when I am on a call.  The screen goes out to prevent unintentional button dials, which I appreciate, but after I finish my conversation, the screen will not wake up.  The only way to end the call is to do a hard shut down.  I bought my phone in November and have been dealing with this issue ever since.  When I took the device to the store and the tech troubleshooted it, it corrected itself in order to make me look like a dunce.  I left and shortly after leaving THE PARKING LOT it started up again.  I love this phone but I want to throw it across the room every other day because of this issue.

Oh!!  And speaking of screen timeout, the screen randomly goes out as I am attempting to unlock the phone with my pattern.  This happens almost hourly.  WTF?!?!  Someone please HELP!!

0 Likes
kikiluvsE

Also, it has stopped recognizing the factory charger!!  Can I just return it??

0 Likes
btor

I am experiencing the phone lock up during phone calls that are originated or received directly on the handset. if I use my Bluetooth earpiece I have no trouble. I master reset, both ways: using settings menu and the alternate volume down and power function. I have run it in safe mode. The phone is running Android OS 4.2.2 Software version VS98012B, I don't know if there is an update, but when I try to check for new it tells me there was a problem downloading the software. so I tried using the alternate method of connecting the phone to the pc using USB and trying to launch the software installer I only get an ad for backup assistant and cant do anything else but to install. once I bypass that, there is no indication that the LG Verizon software assistant is doing anything. I am at a loss. I don't know what else I can try. the last thing I want is to go thru a myriad of certified replacements.

0 Likes
apcplaza
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having screen issue.  The upper part of the screen is unresponsive (the whole row).  Even in Safe Mode the problem still exist.  When I'm in Play Store I'm unable to install an app because the "Install" button is on the part of the screen that is unresponsive.   I can only install when I rotate the device in landscape orientation.

Verizon please advise on do I obtain a brand new replacement phone.  I don't want a refurbish phone because I heard from others that they received a refurbish phone and the problem still exist.  Thank you!