Re: To cancel, upgrade, sell, or live with it?
Snn5
Legend

Upgrade is Feb 2016.  All my current issues are the same now as with original device in Feb 2014.  Except now I have issues with tower refresh. Another G2 on vzw next to me is 4g and I'm 1x right now.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Its not really the device I'd leave over.  Its the customer service.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Interesting.

Settings | Tethering and Networks | Mobile networks | System Select

Are you on Global or LTE/CDMA?

Compare the two devices.

Also are the two devices different with respect to cases?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When was the last time your account was reset or changed out your sim card?

stef7
Master - Level 2

Tidbits, yes, that is an interesting question.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Both are CDMA/LTE.  Mine has been run in each mode for several months at the time. All my issues persist no matter the mode.  SIM card at present is 5th.  Got a new SIM with each replacement.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Global proved to cause issues with mms.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I think I found a solution.  Just use my AT&T S3 on Cricket.  $45 a month unl talk text and 3 GB.  Coverage is 5% less than Verizon...but at $30 less a month.....you know it.  Even after an ETF, I save $130 the first year and $360 each year after, plus they offer auto payments which reduces the monthly cost and after 12 payments, $50 off a new phone.  Plenty to choose from.  And, wouldn't even need insurance because some of the phones are less than $200.  Do the math on what we pay monthly, plus taxes, fees, and insurance. 

To be fair, Verizon did offer a 2 year upgrade, but it was right here right now, not available after today, while in that one chat session, with that one person.  The prices offered within this situation were $200 and up.  Just not a good deal to spend $200 plus upgrade fee and still have 2 years tacked on.

My decision isn't made totally yet, but it's hard to see me staying at this point.  They didn't want to uphold their end of the contract, so by leaving they get paid, and I save money.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Wait it out, it's only one more year.

0 Likes
chajolm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, you've been commenting on my G2 issues and I just read this and realize you've had worse luck than me with your phone. I think it's a little odd that we both got our new phone last February. I too think it's a great phone when it works. You told me that it's useless trying to get them to let you get a new phone and I didn't believe you. I thought with enough communication and visiting the store that they would at least get me into a phone that sells for the same $499 that the G2 sells for now.

I was lead to believe that after my last chat - at least it was implied - that I could go to the Verizon store and pick out a comparable phone. The manager pretty much wasted over an hour of my time letting me believe that he would take care of me only to find that his answer was a Droid Maxx with with 16gb. Seriously? 16gb's!!! How is that comparable?

Anyway, I feel for you but what can you do.... Nothing!

While everyone at Verizon has always been very polite and understanding, they never really fixed the problem. These refurbished phones are crap. Like I said, the LG G2 was and still is one of the best phones but I've lost all desire to ever get another LG. Their customer service is weak. They have no communication skills whatsoever. The one person that was nice and wanted to help said they would send my concerns on to those that could possibly get me a new phone. Guess who never got back to me.

My frustration has turned to laughter and boredom. I may still contact them and try again but for now I give up.

If I had money to burn I would love to go into the store with my $700 and pay all the ETF's on the three lines we have. Yes, Verizon's service is better than the rest but I would love to take my chances with someone like Cricket or Republic or T-Mobile, etc...

I guess I really didn't have any advice for you. Just wanted to vent one last time and let you know that I appreciate your comments regarding my LG G2 issues even though you've been dealing with even worse issues.

Good luck and take care!