Revolution- Ring Tones
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

My ring tones that I have set for my contacts keeps changing without me doing anything.  Does anyone know why and how to permanetly fix them?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Revolution- Ring Tones
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just need them for ringtones.

Thank you so much for helping me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have your custom ringtones saved in these folders on the sd card? That is the only way I know to get an android phone to consistently remember custom ringtones.

In the root of the sd card:
/ media / audio / ringtones
/ media / audio / notifications
/ media / audio / alarms

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this:

I know to look in the sd card but not sure how. I feel real stupid.

In the root of the sd card:
/ media / audio / ringtones
/ media / audio / notifications
/ media / audio / alarms

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Granted I didn't write out my usual spiel for this topic.

What I was trying to suggest, is that in the sd card you should have or create that folder structure. In the root of the sd card, create a folder called "media" (without the quotes, for all). Then create a folder called "audio". Under that create "ringtones", "notifications", and "alarms". Then put your personal tones in the appropriate folder. Those you want to use as phone call ringtones put in the "ringtones" folder. Messaging, email, gmail, calendar tones in the "notifications" folder. Clock, alarm clock tones in the "alarms" folder.

The reason I think that it works is because it is the same folder structure android uses in the system folders. It defaults to looking in those folders. Anything else and the phone tends to forget to look elsewhere.

If you don't have one already, you can download a file explorer from the Market. Astro and Estrongs are some of the most well known ones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never did that. I'm not sure how to do that. I know most if not all of my ring tones are on my media card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can use one of those file explorers to move or copy the files to that folder structure. When the phone rescans the SD card, it will automatically add the tones to the appropriate ringtone selection list.

You can also connect your phone to a computer as mass storage drive/disc drive. Then you can use the file explorer on the computer to make the adjustments.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where do you get the file explorer from?

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

Most of my ring tones are on my sd card.  Except for like 5 or 6 that are saved to the phone.

Can you give me a step by step on how to do that?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I am not sure if you can save anything to the phone's internal memory except for installing applications. It really depends on how large it is and how the phone manufacturer setup the access. Pre-installed ringtones will be the phone's system memory and isn't accessible to the average user.

Here is a Android Market link to a file explorer for the phone. http://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll just buy those ring tones off of ITunes and load them in my phone.

So how do I do this excatly?  Can you give me step by step?  So I know what I'm doing and not going to screw this up.

Thank you.

0 Likes