Phone is over heating due to phone taking forever to send out a text message and receiving them hours late.
brent110
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has only started today at around 6 or 7 pm and it takes the phone a good 10 min's at the least to send out the message. Makes the phone over heat and i'm really getting worried since i haven't done anything on my new phone which i only got last wednesday.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone is over heating due to phone taking forever to send out a text message and receiving them hours late.
B33
Legend

As Snn5 suggested I'd try his suggest an if the issue continued then I'd run a System Cache Clear and as a last resort if you still see the issue past doing the S.C.C. I would run a Factory Reset but just do the Reset only Don't clear your internal Memory.!

Hope this Helps Smiley Happy B33

View solution in original post

Re: Phone is over heating due to phone taking forever to send out a text message and receiving them hours late.
stef7
Master - Level 2
  • try powering down. remove sim card. wait five min. reinsert card, and power back up.
B33
Legend

Good Suggestion    and I'll add you may want to do some cleaning in the Caches of your Text messages and maybe your Emails.. might not hurt to clear the system cache on my phones I do this once a Month sometimes 2 a month..

0 Likes
Alphagrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

@B33 How do you empty the caches?

Snn5
Legend

Go to settings-storage-tap cache.

B33
Legend

As Snn5 suggested I'd try his suggest an if the issue continued then I'd run a System Cache Clear and as a last resort if you still see the issue past doing the S.C.C. I would run a Factory Reset but just do the Reset only Don't clear your internal Memory.!

Hope this Helps Smiley Happy B33