On my third LG Revolution
aadams43

I am posting this merely to log every problem with this phone I have ever had. It frustrates me to no end to see Verizon Wireless staff saying they have "checked into their log" and --shocking!--they have never heard of these problems before. However, those of us that actually use this phone read the posts and say to ourselves, "Ah yes, I know that all too well." So, here is my list of problems, perhaps I may even take the time to cite posts by other users:

Text messaging:

• If someone sends me a text with multiple parts, I will receive the third and the first, or the second and the third, whatever fanciful combination my phone chooses to receive at the time. NEVER THE ENTIRE GROUP of texts. I have begun to ask my friends to break up their messages, simply so that I can continue with the conversation without having to say, "I'm sorry, I only got 'and so I jus'" or what have you. (An interesting fact, although the Verizon tech support considers this a phantom problem with the LG Revolution, the software developers did try to address this issue by adding a patch to the most recent system update.)

• Often, when I am texting, the phone will freeze entirely. You can't back out, you can't go to home, you're stuck on the message screen unable to compose. The only resolution is to put the phone on hold or remove the battery. Sometimes, putting the phone on hold only locks the phone up more.

Phone calls:

• I cannot make or receive calls consistently. When ending a call I have to hit "End Call" two, three, four times before it will work. And more often then not, I never actually end a call, the application just force closes on me. Not a third party application.
  • Two or three times a day, when I attempt to answer the phone, I will be booted out to the home screen with a bar across the top that acts as though I am currently connected in a call, however, my phone is still vibrating, it is frozen, and the people on the other line are still hearing a ring.
  • Occasionally, I will be on a call and the phone will freeze with the screen black. I can still hear and talk on the call, but there is not way to hang up, turn the volume down, or do any sort of interaction with the phone, with the exception of taking the battery out to get the dang thing to start over.

Device:

These items do not seem to be triggered by any specific action:

• Will randomly power down and power up.
  • My device has started calling my voicemail without even being touched.
  • Applications will just close out without warning or force closes.
  • Constant freezing.

All of these items are problems that I have had with my replacement for my original LG Revolution. Additionally, these all occurred after a factory reset, with a new SIM card and without a SINGLE third party application on the phone. What's worse, I had even more dramatic problems with the first one.

I should be receiving my second replacement (third phone) sometime this week. Unfortunately, I do not feel hopeful. If two of my phones have had the exact same problems, I highly doubt that the third will be any better. I am honestly considering cancelling my contract with Verizon because of this. When I call, I am treated as a child and as though this is something I have done to my phone. I have never even dropped it!

So Verizon, you've been informed. Add me to the list of posts to refuse to see, I suppose.

0 Likes
Re: On my third LG Revolution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi aadams43,

I am saddened to see all of the issues you are experiencing with your device and apologize for the delayed replay! Thanks providing a detailed explanation of the problems that you are experiencing. I am confident the replacement that is on the way will alleviate the issues that you are having. If not, I can happily assist you. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wphilli8

Hello AyaniB_VZW

I also am having problems with my LG Revolution, the phone locks up consistently on incoming calls and when I try to end the call like many other users that I see on this forum they are having to hit the end but 2-3 times before the call will end.  I have had random times that the phone will reboot on its on.  There will also be times that I will press a button and another character will come on the screen.  I did have battery life issues, battery would only last a few hours but a factory reset fixed that.  I am on my second phone and have had the same issues with this phone.  Reading the other comments not only on this thread but other threads in this forum it is highly unlikely that another replacement will work.  When I talked to the rep over the phone he said that if this phone was not working to my satisfaction that they had other phones that I may be able to swap with, I am willing to pay for the difference if I can get another phone. Is this option still available?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wphilli8,

I'm sorry to learn that you continue to experience issues with your LG Revolution device. I recommend doing a factory reset and test as this usually resolves the type of issues outlined in your post. We only replace phone with same model http://is.gd/CertLNR as per manufacturers' warranty. We do have a Certified Pre-Owned Replacement program for customers that are not yet eligible for an upgrade and want to get a different phone at a discounted price, please review details at this link http://goo.gl/3CLWS at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
brit142

wphilli8 to answer your question about getting a different phone yes actually you can and you dont have to pay anything for it either. i am on my 5th warranty replacement with my revolution and i demanded a different phone so what they do is give you two phones to choose from in that same tier that your phone is in. so dont let them fool you by telling you that you cant get a different phone or even by saying yes you can but at a discounted price.

0 Likes
RCD
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Duplicate post deleted for crossposting per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nanny43113
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have nurmerous problems with my Revolution.  Same problems as others on here, have to hit end button 2-3 times to end a call.  My phone shuts itself off on its own.  It will be sitting on the table and just turn off and reboot.  I can be talking to someone and it shuts off while I'm on the phone.  I called Verizon about this phone problems.  They had me do a factory reset.  DIDN'T HELP AT ALL!!!!  Then I went to the Verizon store where I got my phone and was told there is a update for these phones to correct the problems.  Said it would be available 11/30.  Of course, it does not exist still.  It is definately the phone.  I have the Revolution and so does my daughter.  We both have the same problems with them.  Sad the money we pay for this service and the stupid phone won't work part of the time.  If anyone figures out how to solve these issues please let me know.

nanny43113
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a joke.  I have done factory reset on my Revolution.  IT DID NOT HELP AT ALL!!!  When is this so called fix going to be available??  I got an email several months ago saying there is a fix coming soon.  The store where I bought my phone told me it would be released 11/30.  Today is 11/30 and no fix available.  These are horrible phones.  I have two of these on my account and both have these issues.  IT IS THE PHONE!!!