My Revolution is Slow at doing everything... how do I fix this....
vrb2014

This is my 3rd Lg Revolution and let me say that I will no longer look into buying LG phones. I had an even worst experience with the LG Envy Touch. For starters my phone operates at 3G a lot and I live in a 4G city.

There are times when the I cannot get the phone to unlock, the screen will not slide up, it does sense that u are touching it because it glows brighter and vibrates. So I have to restart it.

Moving through the home screens can take forever. There are times when the icons are abnormally big, or when I click and icon such as my e-mail it will take me to txting and it will do this multiple times back to back, then finally it will take me to my e-mail and this also happens the other way around. The alarm clock app that came on the phone has a stop clock function and it will stop working if the phone goes idle. Just bringing up my apps takes a lot longer than when I first got my phone.

When I go to text the keyboard takes forever to come up and then when you type nothing shows up, but the phone is vibrating noting that it is picking up the commands... and about 5 seconds later the beginning of what I have typed shows up. But then it will choke up again once I got it going, in the middle of typing. There have been many of times recently that the phone freezes on the keyboard and reboots itself. Sending a text is a whole other issue it takes a good 4-5 minutes to even send the message, many of times picture messages take longer or fail to send. I have also had many of times when others send me text messages and I only receive the first part of their message, because the message will say "(1/3)" or something it has only happened a couple of times with other VZW customers txting me but mostly with Sprint Customers. Aside from this lately I have been not receiving messages from people who say they have sent them, and they will show me that it has sent from their phone. But there is no trace of it ever being received on my phone.

The Facebook app has not worked since the last software update, it continually says there is "no internet connection", which there is because I usually am coming just coming from my e-mail or a web page. So I have deleted the app to free up some space and have begun to use m.facebook.com and now I use touch.facebook.com, which has worked a little smoother, I am not sure of the difference. But when using either one I cannot upload pictures. It would be nice to know what is wrong.

The internet is probably my most concern because I pay for this monthly and because of it moving so slow.  I find myself on my computer more than anything or holding out to get home to the computer. When I visit a page only part of it will load and most of the time these are mobile web pages or when I scroll the part of the top portion of the page gets stuck sometimes the internet icon won't respond and the phone freezes and reboots itself.

Lastly cannot fix the [10]Database error with the backup assistant and it has been like this for a while, I just hope it is still backing up my contacts.

I have tried a lot of things to get the phone to run a little quicker such as deleting apps and moving the ones that will allow it to the SD card, clearing the cache both on the internet and on apps, deleting history, deleting old texts, further limiting the amount of e-mails stored on the device. I have also taken the phone in store both in Springfield, MO and St. Louis, MO because I usually have problems after traveling back and forth. They can never tell me how to fix it or the will attempt the same things I have done and still no fix and sometimes it even makes it worse. Or sarcastically, even better, they will take it behind the counter in some room and moments later tell me I have to be sent a new phone or that mine will no longer boot-up and I loose everything that wasn't on the SD card

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX SOME OF THESE THINGS OR AT LEAST HELP ME MAKE THE PHONE RUN FASTER WITH LESS GLITCHES... THERE IS NOT AN HOUR THAT GOES BY THAT I DO NOT ENCOUNTER SOME PROBLEM WITH THIS PHONE... THANK YOU!!!(for making it through my life story)

P.S. VZW PLEASE DO AWAY WITH THE LG INTUITION AND GET THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2...

0 Likes
Re: My Revolution is Slow at doing everything... how do I fix this....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Vbr2014,

My goodness, that is far too many issues for one little phone to have. I can't express how sorry I am that using your phone is a constant struggle!  My goal is for your cellphone to benefit your life and make it easier.

Based on all of the information you've provided I have some concerns about application types on your phone. Do you have any Task Killers, Battery Savers, or Antivirus applications?  Many of these applications cause Operating System instability and it gets worse over time.

Sometimes it gets so bad that even after uninstalling these applications you still have to Hard Reset the device to get it running properly.

If you have any of these application types, please uninstall them and keep us posted!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vrb2014

I don't have any applications that do things like that, and I am feed up with it to the point that I ready to do the Hard reset. I just want make sure I do everything correctly, how should I proceed?

0 Likes
Merry2012

I've had almost every issue you've had.  Finally on Friday the screen blacked out.  It was obviously still charged, since I could hear the message ring, but when I tried to light up the display it didn't light so I was unable to get to it unless I removed the battery.  Then, as soon as the display timed out, I couldn't get it lit up again without removing battery.  I had the same slow movements throughout the display as well as slow text messaging.  Every issue you had other than the alarm clock (that always worked well).

I took it in yesterday and, after over an hour spent there with a 'professional', I still had no answers.  He told me to come home and copy everything from my sd card to my computer, then re-format my card.  Well, my phone didn't even recognize that I had an sd card installed!!  Nor did my computer! 

So then I got to experimenting...I removed the card and viola!!!!!!  The phone worked GREAT!  It's never worked so fast!  I then installed my husbands sd card to see if it was my phone's card reader or my card.  Turns out that the phone still worked great with his card installed and it did recognize his card in my phone.  So, my conclusion is that I need a new card.  I couldn't believe the difference in speed of everything!  It's like a brand new phone! 

As for the hard reset...I did that over the weekend, before I could get to a verizon store.  It didn't work at all.

I'd say, do the same thing I did and see if that works.  Can't hurt!!!  Please keep me posted.  I'd like to see what you find out  Smiley Happy

Good Luck!!!!

0 Likes
Merry2012

PS:  I also did what the verizon techs said to do...uninstall things, the hard reset, etc.  Nothing worked.  Since I replied the last time  I did talk to a couple friends that had the same problem.  They took it in and the tech copied everything from their SD card to a new one and installed the new one.  I'm thinking that's your problem as well  Smiley Happy  Easy fix!

Let me know  *and I did enjoy your 'life story' since it's the same as mine 

0 Likes
vrb2014

So I have done the hard reset and everything seems to be running fine this whole week, but the only problem is that I cannot get the Google search bar back it is only fro Jellybean now, and Google is my life. Is there any other way to get it back aversion that is compatible with my phone that is??????? Please help!!!!

0 Likes
vrb2014

I did the factory reset and everything seems to be working fine, it has been about a week now, the only thing is that I lost the Google search bar, and can't get it back now. So I warn you that if you use the Google search back and love it then the hard reset is no for you!

0 Likes
crw1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had ALL of these same problems...none of these applications are installed on my phone and it literally gets worse day by day. I think we'd all appreciate some help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crw1987,

We want your phone to be problem free! Let's get this fixed! Thanks for your time and patience with troubleshooting these issues. The next step that I would highly recommend would be a Hard Reset to the device http://bit.ly/tFfOOj . A Hard Reset would attempt to repair the device software, and set the device back to factory defaults. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet @vzwsupport

0 Likes