My LG G2 won't open MMS
klcarson

My relatively new LG G2 (approximately a month old now) will not open picture messages...I get the text message but when I click on the pic it comes back and says it could not be downloaded.  I am using a non-stock messaging app (Go SMS Pro)....however, I have uninstalled this and used the stock app AND also tried Hangouts and the Verizon Messaging app ... nothing changes at all and I have the same problem.

When I first go the phone (which is a replacement as my original quit working about 3 weeks after receiving) I could open pics.  I do not know what changed.  I have played with settings and nothing seems to make any difference.  I have no problem when sending pictures, however, ONLY with receiving.

Thank you in advance ... I hope someone knows what to try that I haven't already!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG G2 won't open MMS
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem and I changed my text default to "hangouts". It's been working perfect ever since.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jimmyz74
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem and I changed my text default to "hangouts". It's been working perfect ever since.

0 Likes
klcarson

Thanks! Maybe I will try that again and give it a while to see how it goes!

0 Likes