Lock page update issues
Bennysmomma

Since the system update I have to unlock my phone to see if I have a new text or email..the green light flashes, but I don't always know which it is I have. I used to have a little envelope appear when I'm turn the screen on and it still was locked. Now, nothing telling me about a new text. Also, I cannot seem to change from having the lock screen secured with a pattern to the simple swipe. Any suggestions how to change these things, if I even can anymore.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lock page update issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Bennysmomma,

Look no further help is here! I have the same phone and this happened to me as well after the update. You just need to change the notification settings on Locked Screen. Go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications > scroll down to Notifications and tap on Lock Screen. Make sure that you have "Show All Notifications" selected. Power the phone off/on and retest. You should then start to see the notification with the locked screen. Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

These are issues I haven't heard of yet with the update.  Have you reset the device to factory settings either before or after the update?

0 Likes
Bennysmomma

I have not done that, no. Should I?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  Backup your files or photos/music etc...go to your backup and reset option in settings, uncheck restore apps and data.  The play store will know what you previously installed, so no worries.  Not restoring app data can help prevent the errors that come with OS versions being installed on top of previous versions.  FDR with 100% charge.  And re-set up the phone and you can install apps via the play store app in batch by long pressing one app, then tapping all the other apps you want to install.  Its also a good time to clean out apps you dont need.

0 Likes
AMHMBL1998

I noticed the same thing with this recent update.  I too have to unlock my phone to know what type of message I received.  Highly disappointed in this update!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't get it:  My light flashes letting me know I have a message and I hear the sound.  I knock-on the screen and it comes on.  I have icons in the notification bar and also have "cards" on the lockscreen with snippets of what the message is or if an email, it tells me I have x# new emails, voicemails, missed calls, weather, whatever.

0 Likes
Bennysmomma

I used to before the update and my boyfriend has the same phone except he has the simple swipe to unlock his screen while I have the pattern to draw. I get the sound and flashing light but to know if it's an email or text I have to knock on unlock them are. Annoying

0 Likes
Bennysmomma

Unlock then see that should have said.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Due to having a security lock, this is why you don't see messages on screen.  That wouldn't be very secure as far as privacy is concerned.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

There is a setting in lollipop to put notifications up on the lock screen... Does that not work on your G2? Works on mine with numerical lock...

0 Likes