Lg Revolution issues continue...
blackbat21

I seem to be having the same issues many other people are having with the Revolution.

1 - I am constantly losing my internet connection. It shows 3G 4-5 bars, both arrows flashing, but I get nothing. Then it goes to 1x, then the target site symbol. I work with 8 other people using various phones, all on verizon and I'm the only one losing connection if I'm able to get it at all. It doesn't matter if I'm inside, outside or standing side by side with others. Mine is the only one not connecting.

2 - Phone starts vibrating as if I got a message. But then doesn't stop. Vibrating continues steady for two minutes, then stops and the phone shuts off and powers itself back up.

3 - Extreme slowness

4 - Unable to open pictures in e-mails one day then all of a sudden they will open then they won't again.

5 - I need to end calls twice in order to end the call.

6 - Constant freezing

7 - And this battery has to be the worst battery ever made, it dies in 4 hours in standby.

I've had this phone for less than a month. It seems to be nothing but JUNK! Really, really, really regretting upgrading to this!!!

So has anyone had any luck getting any type of solution to these issues or at least a decent response??

0 Likes
Re: Lg Revolution issues continue...
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello blackbat21,

I can assure you that the LG Revolution is an excellent device. It's unfortunate that you have experienced such difficulties with your device. Since you have shared multiple issues with the device, may I ask that you send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a summary of the issue so I can troubleshoot with you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
blackbat21

I would be happy to send a private message to you so you can help troubleshoot the many issues I am having with the Revolution, however I am unable to send one to you per the error message I get when attempting to do so. It states I can only send messages to people following me and I must remove your name before I send the message.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Same problems and only response is do a factory reset, well I'm tired of doing that weekly and taking two days and a couple hours each time to reload phone with apps. The other thing that pisses me off about phone is the freezing up and having to pull battery all of the time because phone will not start up on it's own by just trying to start pushing power button.

Now I'm frustrated after writing this because there seems to be no solution from VZW..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bulldog69, I certainly understand why you would be upset about issues with your phone freezing often. After the hard reset, are you downloading the same applications right away? I ask because sometimes if an application is causing the phone to freeze when using certain tasks, if the same application is re-downloaded, the results will be the same. If the phone is freezing when using certain tasks or actions, please boot phone into safe mode to test if the issue is still occurring. If the issue is not occurring in safe mode, try removing recently installed applications. Check reviews of your current applications to see of anyone else is reporting these issues on the Revolution. If the issue is still occurring, and not resolved with master reset, we can certainly replace your device through warranty. You can send me a direct message with your name and mobile number for further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi blackbat21, I did advise to follow you, so you should be able to send the direct message shortly.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
color
Enthusiast - Level 1

NEED HELP. I CANNOT CONNECT TO MY 4G NETWORK AT ALL FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS

0 Likes
dhparker

My wife and I, both with Revolutions , have data loss issues on a regular basis.  We live in a "extended 4G area", yet rarely get better than 200Kbs download speeds.  When traveling to a non-4G are, i.e. my work, I have to switch the phone to CDMA only or I get no data service. Today, the switch didn't work.  After 3 battery pulls, a SIM card pull, changing all relevant network and data setting, and a frustrating and less than helpful call to tech support, the solution AGAIN is to send me ANOTHER phone.  Here goes another hour plus of my time getting ANOTHER phone setup so I can experience the SAME ISSUE with it.  Come on Verizon, Kick LG's butt for a solution or compensate your customers with this admittedly problematic phone.  The $236/month I spend for NO DATA could better be used elsewhere.  If anyone on this board is with VERIZON, I would welcome your feedback.

0 Likes
slwst8

I just wanted to get my 2 cents in... even though its similar (or maybe even identical) to so many others!

First, let me say that I have, overall, loved the phone.  But, since the Gingerbread update, I have had numerous problems with the data connection that have led me to, more and more, regret getting it.

I do not live in a 4g area, so I have my phone set to CDMA only.  Prior to the Gingerbread update, I had no issues with data connections dropping.  Since that update, my data connection started dropping.... and over the past few months has gotten worse and worse.  When it first started, I'd lose my data connection, restart the phone, and it'd be ok for a few days.  Now I'm lucky if restarting the phone even fixes it.  Its beyond frustrating - we all get smartphones BECAUSE of their ability to connect us to the world around us.  That's the whole point of them!

Plus, I have actually had issues with the phone dropping a WiFi connection when I'm literally 5 feet away from the wireless router.  The phone will toggle between having a WiFi, then just showing 3g (which doesn't have a data connection even though it shows a good 3g signal), and then back to showing a WiFi connection.

And a new problem started this past weekend (2/4/2012).  The phone gave an error message saying that the SIM card was messed up. I shut the phone off, removed the SIM card, put the card back in, and then turned the phone back on.  The problem was fixed for a bit and then I got the message again.  I did the same thing with the card (removing and reinstalling it) and haven't had a problem since.

So, Verizon, are you actually addressing these issues???  And if so, when can we expect some sort of honest answer as to when and how they'll be fixed?

0 Likes
dhparker

I forgot to mention the loss of WiFi that my wife and I both experience with our Revolutions.  We have 4 other WiFi devices at home and none of them routinely drop their connection.  It happens on the Revolutions at home, at work, Starbucks...it's not unique to any network so we can only assume that the Revolution is the problem.  Our experiences also got worse with the Gingerbread update.  My  call to Verizon was this past Monday (after going without ANY data service for about 12 hours) resulted in a conversation with a less than courteous customer service rep bluntly told me that it is NOT a Verizon problem...it's an LG problem and that they (Verizon) can't make LG fix it.  Her only solution was to send me another phone (the 3rd one since early December).  I stewed all day about the way she talked to me and I called back Monday night and spoke with a much nicer and more helpful person in tech support.  She said that if the latest replacement phone experienced regular data/connection drops, Verizon would replace it with my choice of a HTC Thunderbolt or a Samsung Charge.  We'll see what happens AND see if Verizon actually noted the exchange offer on my account AND if they honor their offer.

0 Likes