Lack of Tech Support and inferior product
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

So tired of this lack of tech support for the G2. I'm on my second one. First one had a headphone jack issue that caused the mic to stop working, now this one is doing that, and to top it off I've had to do 3 factory resets in order to send picture messages. Fed up with this.

0 Likes
Re: Lack of Tech Support and inferior product
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how that can be very frustrating, Death2Verizon. I would love to be able to review on what is going on with your device. What kind of issues are you having with the headphone jack? When you try to send out a picture message are you connected to wi-fi or are you using the cellular data? Also, are you using the messaging application that is installed in the phone when you first got it, or are you using a 3rd party application from the Google Play Store? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Headphone jack is basically shorting out the phone. This is a refurbished "like new" one and I've only had it a month maybe.  The first phone I had replaced on the warranty. If you barely moved it, it would register as you having unplugged the headphones. Eventually it got to the point where the microphone wouldn't work either. So people could talk to me, but I couldn't talk to them. I've tried multiple headphones and auxiliary cords, they all do the same thing. I've googled the problem and it's a known issue with this phone, at least know by the customers, perhaps not acknowledged by LG.

Picture messaging is working for now, after my second or 3rd factory reset, this is also a known issue, I've gather from perusing the forums. Supposedly a glitch in the new OS. Hear there is talk of a fix in September or August.....I only use the native app to text pictures. I tried sending with data turned off and wi fi on, with data on and wifi off, and with both data and wifi on, and it refuse to compress the picture.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Death2Verizon

Thank you for sharing these details! I definitely want to make sure you can be heard on your calls. Is audio better when the call doesn't involve a headset being connected? Has the audio improved after any of the factory resets, even for a little while?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe you didn't read what I said. This is the second phone having headphone issues. The factory reset was because I couldn't send picture messages. The headphone jack is a hardware issue, not a software issue, due to an inferior product. My first phone shorted out within a few weeks of using it to listen to music. The normal bending and walking with it in my pocket was enough for something inside to break, on 2 separate phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching back out to us, death2verizon. I want to make sure that we are able to get this issues fixed for you ASAP. I would like to see what kind of options that we might have for you. I did send you a request to follow you. Please accept my request then request to follow me back. Once we are following each other please send me a Direct message: http://vz.to/1fbIKzK I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes