LG Revolution - No mobile network connection, slow at everything, have to press "End" at least 3 times before ending a call, etc.
lutarock

Does anyone else have an LG Revolution with NEVER ENDING PROBLEMS?!

My biggest issue right now: I can't get any service when I'm at work. I work with about 5 others who have Verizon as their provider and they will all have 4 bars of service when I have absolutely nothing - but this only happens when I'm at work. It used to help when I put it in Airplane Mode for a while and switched it back. It also sometimes helped if I pulled the battery and SIM card out for a while, but now nothing works at all.

The second issue I have is this phone was really fast when I first got it and it's progressively gotten slower. I've had it since July 2011 and I CAN'T WAIT until my next upgrade. The slowness of this phone is just irritating. I go through the phone's browser history every few days and delete everything, the cache, the location access, the saved passwords, etc. I also go through and delete the old text messages and call logs. It doesn't make a difference. And I'm assuming that the fact that I have to press "END" a zillion times when I'm trying to end a call has to do with the slowness of the phone.

One more big issue: Whenever I call Verizon Wireless Tech support for any help, they say they can't help me troubleshoot the phone because I'm calling from it, but I don't have a land line at my house, and I'm not about to spend my entire day at work on the phone trying to fix it.

Anyone have any suggestions? ANYTHING would be helpful Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution - No mobile network connection, slow at everything, have to press "End" at least 3 times before ending a call, etc.
annasmw

I'm having the same issues. The slowness has gotten outrageous of late. I removed a ton of apps thinking it was that I had too much on the phone but that has not resolved anything.

I also have to "End" the call by hitting end a lot. Sometimes I can end in two clicks sometimes it's upwards of five times and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Additionally when I try to make a call clicking the phone it takes a long time to bring me to the screen to dial out.

My latest issue is that it really struggles to stay connected to a 4G signal. It takes a hard boot to reconnect and I'm now hardbooting multiple times a day.

Does anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution - No mobile network connection, slow at everything, have to press "End" at least 3 times before ending a call, etc.
RCD
Enthusiast - Level 3

<Duplicate post deleted for crossposting per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service. See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lutarock,

I know how important it is to have phone with working internet. Let's get this issue resolved. Has your sim card ever been replaced? If you are are having issues with your signal, replacing the sim card would be a good idea.

If after replacing the sim card you are still having issues with your device, we would need to then complete a master reset. Make sure that you back up all your data before you complete the reset. Here is how you can complete the reset http://bit.ly/tFfOOj. Let us know if you have any other questions.

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RCD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has nothing to do with the SIM or master reset.  This has been done to my phone.  The SIM once and the factory reset many times over.  You all just sold us a bad piece of equipment and have us by the tail with our contracts so none of us can get a new phone without paying full price or re-upping our contract.  I just got off the phone last night with your high up tech people (you know, the hidden number we get once we tear into your support people enough), they went into my phone again and still didn't find anything wrong.  I about got fired from my job for not getting my calls and texts.  The BBB has now been contacted, and I feel your end should shore this up for all of us!

amberj32
Enthusiast - Level 3

The standard answer for Verizon for any problem is to do a master reset. That's BS! I've had similar problems with my Revolution and I've had it for 9 months.