Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues
deadheadwithoutjg
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a repost of another.

First, I can’t complain about customer service – Verizon is at the top of the game when it comes to how their associates treat their customers.  I’d hate to be the guy or gal on the other end of the line.  However, I don’t feel it’s unreasonable to complain about one of the products they carry.  I was rushed and made a very bad decision in my choice of a replacement Android phone. I had a LG phone in the past and it was one of the longest lasting and most dependable phones I have owned.  I can’t say that about the Revolution – I wish I had taken my time and had read some of the posts on the Verizon Wireless website, on the LG site and elsewhere concerning this model of phone. It has been a problem for me, and apparently many others, since day one (only about a month ago for me), and the pre-owned refurbished replacement phone I got about a week ago has continued to demonstrate the same problems. Most commonly it just shuts down on its own and sometimes restarts, it closes apps when it feels like it, it stops functioning in the middle of calls, or when using preinstalled apps like the camera, not to mention the battery that is sucked dry in just a matter of hours. I can genuinely say the phone is worthless. Like many other customers I started my foray into the Android market with the original Motorola Droid.  While at times, especially toward the end of its useful life, it gave me problems, I must say I miss that phone.  It would be far better to have it back, rather than to have to deal with the irritation caused by the LG Revolution, not to mention having to call and complain to the nice customer service people at Verizon.  Verizon, you made a mistake with this phone.  The product is poor quality and is not reflective of the excellent coverage and customer service you offer.  I’m extremely disappointed, and irritated that I’m locked in a contract with a useless piece of equipment.  It’s worth considering paying your $300 penalty and moving to the other side.  The LG Revolution is junk and you and your supplier should do something about it.  The extra $400 I’m probably going to have to spend to exit your program and buy a new reliable smartphone is well worth it if I can do away with the frustration.  Please help your customers and be responsive by replacing their non-functional LG Revolution phones with a different device that will meet their needs.  Send the junk back to LG and send them packing.

Shark410
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my opinion when i am buying an end product it is the end companies responsibility to know how to fix issues and make sure the product works correctly.  It is not up to me to have to try to contact Google and LG or any other company that has a component in this phone.  Verizon alone is responsible.  And they are about to send me my 3rd LG Revolution in 5 months.  The cust service rep I spoke to was unwilling to send me another phone even I stated how I've had the same issues with 2 in a row and I am getting sick and tired of re-downloading my apps and setting up my shortcuts on the screen the way I like them.  Verizon should find a way to do a mass recall ship all the phones back to LG and have LG deal with putting out an inferior product They should give anyone having trouble the value that they spent on the phone in credits to get another cell phone of their choosing at the 2-year deal price.  That is how you keep your customers happy.

0 Likes
CassBarn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow and I thought it was all in mine and my husbands heads. We both have the LG Revolution and we both have the same issues as everybody else on this forum. Isolated issue??? 2 in this house and a million other posts on this forum. Not isolated just a giant piece of crap phone. Also with the time change today neither of ours auto changed and there is no way to go and just change the time. I reset both phones and finally the time changed. Should be auto like the other phones in this house. I have never had so many issues with a phone until this amazing piece of crap came into my home. As everyone else Verizon just says to reset it. Yeah works for a minute then back to the same crap. The worst part to me is when I go to make a call it is so slow to pull it up and dial or look a contact up that this could be life or death to someone. "Sorry it took 5 minute to call 911 and by the time the call got dialed and through that whatever happened someone died." This is what I would expect to hear Verizon say. 5 minutes can mean the difference between life and death. This phone stinks and as I see now it's not just me it's everyone. They need to get it figured out. Obviously replacing it with another piece of crap just like it isn't gonna fix the issue. Sorry to go off but what do you do. I guess the only ones that understand these issues are all of you that have them.

0 Likes
meanie222

My husband and I are having all issues listed above also. We both have the REvolution. Verizon wants to blame it all on where we live. I know we live in the country and sometimes we will have network issues. But My husband works in a town that has 4G and I work in another town. The town I work in doesn't have 4G, but i can see a verizon Tower from my office Window. We both still have network issues even when in town. I finally contacted BBB, because verizon would tell me the same thing to do over and over again. Customer service was great at answering my questions, its just it was a repeat over and over. When the guy contacted me back from Verizon they said it was where we lived and that he was willing to terminate our service without early termination fee if I would like. I sent a response back stating AGAIN that it wasn't just where we live it is in towns too. I have a verzion internet card at home and have no problems with it. We went over 3 weeks without being able to get emails, in town also. I don't want to terminate my service, I just want my phone to work! The network is just one of many problems that my husband and I both are having with the LG!

0 Likes
deadheadwithoutjg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon came through for me. As I said in my post, I can't complain about their customer service. They replaced the LG with a very good Samsung. I could'nt be happier. Suggestion - Take the advised of the tech next time your choosing a phone or having problems. These guys definitely know what they're doing. Thank you Verizon. I hope all of the other forum readers have the same positive experience I had.

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:36:45 -0600

To: cdruten@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues

Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues created by meanie222 in Revolution by LG - View the full discussion

My husband and I are having all issues listed above also. We both have the REvolution. Verizon wants to blame it all on where we live. I know we live in the country and sometimes we will have network issues. But My husband works in a town that has 4G and I work in another town. The town I work in doesn't have 4G, but i can see a verizon Tower from my office Window. We both still have network issues even when in town. I finally contacted BBB, because verizon would tell me the same thing to do over and over again. Customer service was great at answering my questions, its just it was a repeat over and over. When the guy contacted me back from Verizon they said it was where we lived and that he was willing to terminate our service without early termination fee if I would like. I sent a response back stating AGAIN that it wasn't just where we live it is in towns too. I have a verzion internet card at home and have no problems with it. We went over 3 weeks without being able to get emails, in town also. I don't want to terminate my service, I just want my phone to work! The network is just one of many problems that my husband and I both are having with the LG!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Revolution by LG by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
robw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd sure like to know who you got to talk to at verizon, and how you ever managed to get them to give you a different phone? I have been asking for months as nice as I possibly can and they keep telling me they can't do it unless I actually buy something else, or wait for my next upgrade in a year and a half.

0 Likes
pws1102
Enthusiast - Level 2

i wish i knew who you talked to also.... i am on my 4 revo in 7 months  im just about ready to just leave verizon even if i have to pay the 350 dollars to get out of the contract.. i have pretty much the same issues as everyone else but when i use the browser and i try to use the back button like during a search in google it just takes me to the home screen, and i to talked to a very nice verizon tech and she wanted me to NOT install any apps. on  my phone well i believe that is why i bought this phone? my first phone would not do the gingerbread update and now i really wish i had it back, my second phone witch was a refurbished phone quit charging like after 3 months my third phone was also a refurbished phone and the speaker in the ear piece made alot of static noise when you were in a call, and now my forth phone has alot of issues i have to do a factory rest atleast one time a day and i have to turn it on and off a couple times a day just to keep it working half way normal, i can not use the web browser at all if you search for something and need to back up you might as well just start over, and that is only if the Internet service will work,  if you use hotmail on the built in email app. it won't load any new messages ever unless you remove the account and then add it again then you get the emails that are there at that time.. im really really tired of LG phones, my wife has a Iphone and she loves it no issues at all for her, i asked about trading this LG junker for a I phone and they told me i had to buy it and that was 650ish, i told them i would just close my account and move on.... oh i forgot to mention my bill for 2 phones is 180 dollars a month... i know im not a big customer but they have just about got there last dollar out of me.......

0 Likes
robw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

My browser hasn't backed up since gingerbread update in October 2011, and the nice ppl @ verizon told me to remove all the apps I have on it too, I mean come on- if you can't load any apps why even bother to have the thing. I also have to rip the battery out now 2 or 3 times a day because of freezing up. These really are the biggest piece of lousy junk with customer service to match that I have ever owned. Never have I had a product that preformed so pitifully poor and had no useful help from the seller, Especially since THEY have me roped into a stupid lawyer-ed up contract that I have to pay to get out of because the junk they sold me doesn't work and cannot be fixed.

- Sorry don't mean to go off, but I really HATE this rotten worthless phone and verizon for acting like nothing is wrong with all these peoples defective devices.

0 Likes
pdpoz
Enthusiast - Level 2

deadheadwithoutjg,

Did you speak with a Verizon store manager or call tech support when they provided you with a new phone? I've spoke with the Verizon employees repeatedly, but they claim they can't provide me a new phone because it's "not allowed" by Verizon since LG is supposedly going to be sending out an update that will fix these problems "soon" (however, they can't tell me when exactly).

0 Likes
SamAnder

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having these EXACT SAME ISSUES!!! And of course Verizon tells me there is nothing they can do!

0 Likes