LG Rev - V Cast Apps "Error: Unable to verify your account information...."?
Domenic

Is there a solution to this without having to call Customer Service? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: LG Rev - V Cast Apps "Error: Unable to verify your account information...."?
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
Remove the "Block applications" off your account. Blocks all Verizon Apps, no matter what the phone
0 Likes
Re: LG Rev - V Cast Apps "Error: Unable to verify your account information...."?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee
Squallfyr is correct! You will need to sign into your My Verizon account with the username & password that corresponds to the phone number you need to make the change on. Once logged in, go to PLAN>Change Features>all the way down toward the bottom you will see Additional Services>Service Block Select Block Application Download. If that is enabled, remove the check mark. There are times where you may need to power the phone off after you make the change on the computer & then try to install V Cast Apps again.
0 Likes
kanajune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this out of date information?  I went to My verizon today to try this and there is no such app blocker to remove.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

kanajune wrote:

Is this out of date information?  I went to My Verizon today to try this and there is no such app blocker to remove.

Hi kanajune! 

I can help you make sure that a block of VZW Apps is not active on My Verizon. The steps that Tamara provided were correct at the time of her posting. Since then, one step in this process has changed it's verbiage, so this is most likely the reason you could not follow those steps. "Additional Details" is now "Related Actions." Below I have provided the step-by-step information for you. I hope you find this helpful in making sure you can get into the VCast Apps on your device.

1. Sign in to My Verizon as the Account Holder (using the username and password for that number)

2. Select the number for which you would like to make the change

3. Under the "Plan" section, select "Change Features."

4. Under "Related Actions" at the bottom of the page, click "Service Blocks."

5. In the "Purchases" section, make sure "Block Application Downloads" is not checked. 

6. Click "Continue."

Thank you,

0 Likes
johnnyo007

Hello, I have the same problem. I performed the steps above, and still not working.

0 Likes
kanajune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Christina.  I was able to find the boxes you mentioned and none of them were checked.  However, I tried Vcast today and it worked!  A miracle I guess.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi johnnyo007,

I regret to learn that the steps above did not work for you. I want to ask if there is any more information you can supply, so I can help you resolve this for you? Did you get an error message? At which point in the steps above did you hit the snag? Please provide some additional information, I'm happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
johnnyo007

Hello, I followed your instructions all the way through, and I still receive the

unable to verify account message.

I do have a Droid X. I noticed after that this was about an LG phone.

John O.

0 Likes