Re: LG G2 upgrade 4.2.2
SargeDS

I've been reading all these posts.  Since the update on Saturday my battery drains extremely fast. The updates don't seem to make the phone any better.  i was completely happy with the way the phone was previously performing.  Yesterday after unplugging the phone with a full charge I received one phone call that went to voice message.  I placed the phone on my kitchen counter an left it there all day because I was home with my family and didn't need it.  Around 6PM i grabbed my phone an left the house to run an errand.  I looked at my phone and saw that the batter was at 6%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had not used it all day...........What the heck is going on.  I really don't want to lose my information by resetting.  My son and wife have the same phone and I advised them to decline the update.  Verizon needs to figure this out quick and stop with the standard excuses.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SargeDS We only want to provide solution not excuses. We understand the update issue has been frutrating. A reset has been known to help and your information can be backed up and restored. Select settings, backup and reset, factory data reset, reset phone. Contacts can be backed up to backup assitant and/or gmail. Photos and music can also be backed up by using the Verizon Cloud. Please keep us posted.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
paulyjsob
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reset did not work for me and I did it twice.  Wasted all sorts of time.

There is a flaw with the update the flaws will still be there after the reset.  My phone still shows bluetooth using 5% battery even though its never been on and there are still data drops and poor handling of WIFI connections.  Its all over the internet.  The only way of getting a working (properly) G2 is by getting a replacement G2 with Jelly Bean and not upgrading.  Or of course by an update to fix the core problem. 

Snn5
Legend

Spot-on the truth.

0 Likes
Future2Hope4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: KitKat update killing battery

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes