Re: LG G2 upgrade 4.2.2
Kathy_Gee762
Enthusiast - Level 1

completely agree. my phone is being way slower, its glitchy and the battery drains SO quickly. seeing all the deals TMobile & Sprint are having makes me wanna switch over..

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hope Verizon is reading these posts.  Maybe we could share what apps we're running, starting with antivirus?  I have Bitdefender.  If it's apps, maybe we can narrow it down to those we who are having problems are running versus those who are not having problems. If anyone thinks there's a problem due to any of these, please post. Downloaded apps I have are:

Accessories

Adobe Reader

Amazon

Amazon Kindle

Amazon MP3

Bitdefender Antivirus

Aqua Mail

BatteryGuru

BECU (credit union app)

Calendar (Google)

Chrome

ChrometoPhone

Cloud

Drive (Google)

Epson iPrint

Facebook

Flixster

Gmail

Googe Play Books

Google Play Movies & TV

Google Play Music

Google Play Newsstand

Google Play services

Google Play Store

Google Search

Google Text-to-speech Enging

Google+

Hangouts

HappyCow VeginOut Guide

IMDb

Instagram

Isis Wallet

iTriage

Maps (Google)

meetup

My InfoZone

My Verizon Mobile

Netflex

Nova Launcher

Nova Launcher Prime

Office Documents Viewer

OkCupid

Pandora

Play Games

QuickPic

RedLaser

SASSurvival

Shopping List

Sidekick

Slacker Radio

Square Wallet

Swype + Dragon

Twitter

US Bank

Verizon Support & Protection

Verizon Tones

VZ Navigator

WSDOT (WA road reports)

Yelp

YouTube

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried to do a factory reset and the phone will not do it.  Will try again after getting a full charge in it - did you have a full charge in yours when you reset?

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay factory reset started on its own a few minutes after I pushed the button.  So will see if factory reset and reinstalling apps solves the problem for me.  Sure hope so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cg379 Thanks for all the details. After the master reset has been completed, use the phone without installing any 3rd pary apps and place the phone in safe mode. Allow the phone to charge fully and then retest.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have a good battery life joelukes. Please access your Settings>Battery> Battery Information. Review the graph to identify the driver. Allow the phone to fully discharge, then complete a full charge using the wall adapter. Then, try using Battery Saver.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

After factory reset, the phone seems to be working more as it was before the upgrade.  When you reset, it comes back with the upgrade as I checked for software updates after and it said there were none.  To do this, save any photos or files beforehand on your computer.  Go to Settings - Personal - Backup & reset.  Follow prompts under Factory data reset.  You will lose all texts and settings in apps, but it will solve the instability and phone is no longer overheating.  All apps were reinstalled and they are not bothering the phone.  I don't believe it was the apps, but rather the upgrade software/phone software interaction...the upgrade needs tweaking so people don't have such problems.

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

When my phone was in trouble after the upgrade, it would not accept a charge from the wall, only from USB.  After doing factory reset, it now charges happily from the wall again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I completely understand everyones problems here.  I had issues from the time i tried to download the upgrade until now.  My only solution was to get a replacement device, for which I immediately charged to 100%, reset, downloaded update OTA WiFi, and reset again. (leaving plugged into AC outlet using factory cable and plug from step one till done)  Problems have gone away for me in 3 days.  Everything works correctly.  Consensus was that the download was at fault and did not install correctly, so no matter how many resets I did, it was only resetting the problem.  I needed a fresh install, for which, cannot be done once the firmware is updated.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
MarkyT

Factory reset resolved all the issues I had following the kitkat upgrade.  Why is there nothing in the installation instructions telling us to do this?  Please revise the instructions so others don't have issues.  Thank you!

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/lg-g2-instructions.pdf

0 Likes