Re: LG G2 upgrade 4.2.2
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

No master reset has been done.  Only thing done at Verizon store was to remove Sim and put it back in.  The phone is at full charge now so long as it stays plugged constantly into my laptop.  I checked and it has Location in Battery Saver and turned off all Google voice search.  I always have Battery Saver mode on and run Juice Defender in Balanced mode routinely to save battery.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to love your G2 as much as I love mine Rowz! I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties experienced with your update. I'm pleased to hear it's working better after the factory reset. This may be needed after an OS update due to app conflict. Where were your pictures stored prior to the update? Did you have Verizon Cloud active? This should have stored your pictures in the cloud even if they are no longer on the device itself.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details cg379. It sounds like you may be experiencing app conflict with the new OS. I recommend testing it in safe mode for a full day. In addition, have you tried running the battery down to near zero and then giving it a full charge with it powered off? http://vz.to/QyxNQD

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone went down to 0% power last night so has had a full charge via USB overnight.  It was 100% a couple of hours ago.  Per other customer suggestion, I uninstalled Juice Defender and installed Snapdragon Battery Guru, as they said that was created just for this OS.  It is now learning my usage so don't want to disable my apps at this point as phone is working for once.  Has Verizon IT been notified of the problems this update is causing in our phones?  Instead of suggesting we do this or that, what is Verizon doing about the instability caused by issuing this software to our phones???

cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone is already at 86% and I have not made any calls.  So I have 9 hours left on a full charge that took all night to do on USB as it would not allow charge from the wall.  Previously the phone would stay charged for 3 days!  I don't have a lot of apps installed, have Location disabled, and it is on battery saver with a battery saver app running. 

0 Likes
joelukes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both my wife and I are having similar issues.  Losing over 30% of battery overnight when before the kitkat upgrade we would only lose 2-3%.

This new software is awful

0 Likes
Not applicable

The software is fine. Obviously there is something on your phones causing the issue. My phone has been working just fine if the software was buggy it would be affecting everyone. I've gotten as many as  85 hours on my G2 before it got below 15% since I upgraded to KitKat. Explain that?. Try turning off Location. Also you battery stats will tell you EXACTLY which process is causing the issue so a simple check will answer your question.

0 Likes
ninga72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed the new software this morning about 9am, with a full 100% battery- normally I go 3 days on one charge- I sent 15-20 text messages, checked Facebook for about 5 minutes and played 2 round of candy crush. No mobile data on except for the FB time, and not using WIFI- my battery was dead at 245pm.

My phone has been hot off an on all day. I have had to power it down several times. It is taking 10-15 minutes to send a text message- my husband, who has the same phone, was sitting next to me texting away so it wasn't the signal- its this update. It has messed up a perfectly great phone!

0 Likes
joelukes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why should I have to turn off location when it worked fine on jelly bean

And of course I checked my battery stats and Android system is causing the drain but because I can no longer use better battery stats since the upgrade to determine which specific action within Android system is causing the excessive drain.

I know plenty about the phone and the technology. Something is buggy with the update. I shouldn't have to disable things I was using prior to the update to make my phone work

mbanks21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I now officially hate my phone. This is apparently a WIDESPREAD issue that Verizon is doing nothing about. My phone is WAY slower. Is lags, the touchscreen sucks now. If I tap a button it "highlights" for a good 3-4 seconds before it does anything. When I try to scroll on a website it brings up the longpress menu. I cant find the navigation app. Why should I have to do a factory reset or change my location settings? When I updated the last time everything worked perfectly. I think this is a perfect time to switch carriers, sucks that I've been with Verizon for over a decade now